Balintore Inn
Largo House(Hilton of Cadboll)
All reviewswonderful settinglasagnasmoked haddockgreat foodworth a visitfriendly atmospheresea viewcurrymain coursewarm welcomethe pubevening meallarge helpingssauvignon blancfisherman's piemenulad
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

I think I am being spoilt in life. Our first choice did not have any vacancies and we were given the Balintore Inn as an option. Best option I have been given in years, the food was so so so good and the service from the team was brilliant. We arrived late and the kitchen was closed, we asked if possible and we were pleased to be offered the menu. Rogan Josh and Garlic Buttered Duck along with Mac and Cheese for Darius. The food was not what I expected and was truly exceptional along with the room and the price it was a very good deal and I would and will recommend it to anyone.

Opps I nearly forgot Breakfast, just a continuation of what we had for dinner, thanks to all for a great time.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank johnandmojgan
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

Dropped in after a walk on the award winning Shandwick Beach. Very clean and tidy place with fabulous food and attentive staff. Soups were home made and exceptional. The children's macaroni cheese was consumed in no time to much praise from the hungry horaces! Highly recommend for a food stop.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank NJTLEEDS
Reviewed 27 July 2016

Although we didn't stay at the Inn or even eat there, other than appetizers, my wife and I along with a good friend, had a great time. We had a few local beers (and ciders) and talked with Mike the chef and the bartenders. Several patrons also were there and we all made conversation. It's a natural place to relax and enjoy good conversation. I think the mainly friendliness of everyone made our few evenings there pleasant. I also recommend the view. You look out on the water from the pub. A must stop if passing through and I can imagine a great place to stay or dine.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob753
Reviewed 14 July 2016

We had a wonderful dinner last Sunday . It was a magical evening because we were with our friends who were just married, and we have been very lucky to see beautiful dolphins jumping from the sea.

A lovely place where I would like to come back.

Giusy (Italy)

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank giusy m
Reviewed 12 July 2016 via mobile

We popped in here for dinner on a summer evening. Five adults and one (nearly) adult daughter.

With two of us drinking wine, and working through the extensive draft beers the waiting staff were attentive and very friendly.

I started with the onion and celery soup, which was nice however I had pate envy when I looked at my Dad's plate! My main was the Highland Chicken - stuffed with black pudding and haggis, wrapped in bacon and with a creamy peppercorn sauce - nighttime eating Nirvana!

The portions were generous to say the least, roasted potatoes adorned the plate alongside fresh vegetables. Greedily we all enjoyed our meals. Two of the family are vegetarian and they highly recommend the beetroot tart.

Whilst slightly embarrassed to admit it, five of us opted for dessert. 2 of us going for the apple crumble with the rest of us going for sticky toffee pudding. All excellent !

The bill for 6 (including wine and beer & 3 courses each) £ 126.00 - excellent value for money. We will be back!

Early nights all round however it was worth the visit.

Thank you.