Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
US$125
View deal
Agoda.com
All reviews gretna green piping hot recommend staying here nothing too much trouble pleasant stay family room wedding
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 May 2019 via mobile

The room was good. Very friendly staff across the board. Highly recommend the starter Haggis and Black Pudding stack which was exceptional.
Breakfast was good - it was bank holiday weekend the place was busy. Will visit again.

2  Thank 1960Sara
Reviewed 26 May 2019 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night on the way home from Scotland. The room was clean. The beds were comfortable. The ceiling wallpaper was almost hanging off the ceiling. The wash basin in the minute shower room was badly cracked. The shower head and of the shower was dirty. There was an overall smell of smoke probably from when smoking was allowed in public places. I think the fabric of the building must have absorbed the smell. The breakfast was basic with cereal and cooked food but no fruit of any kind. The waitresses do need some training in waiting on tables as I had to ask for our tea, milk and butter. We did manage to fall asleep but were woken at 1.30am when a rowdy crowd were leaving. Would not stay here again.

Reviewed 24 May 2019 via mobile

7 of us stopped here on way back from Sunny Scotland, on the recommendation of the family who had visited the prior year.
I must admit I wasn’t expecting anything fantastic when I walked in, it looks like a bit of a ‘dive’. However there was a restaurant room which we were placed in and the staff came to sort us very quickly.
I had the home made chicken curry with rice and chips - it looked good when it came, but tasted fantastic. Everyone else in the group commented on how good their food was. All the staff were very friendly and welcoming.....will definitely be stopping here next year when we pass through.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank ahembers
Reviewed 19 May 2019 via mobile

After a hard days cycling we were welcomed by the kitchen manager literally as we pulled up outside! He immediately showed us where to store our bikes and arranged for to be shown to our rooms. The room I stayed in was a twin at the front of the hotel and was clean and had everything we needed although maybe due a make over. The shower was warm and powerful, just what I needed! Now down to the bar, there was a good selection of beers and a large screen showing sport “heaven”! After a beer we were definitely ready for some food, the kitchen manager came to see us personally at the table and asked if he could prepare us anything that was not on the menu and we agreed a plate of chicken wings, they were fantastic! He also recommended his Chinese chilli beef “it will be better than any Chinese restaurant” and wow it was absolutely delicious. Charlie our waiter was brilliant and looked after us again at breakfast which was again delicious and set us up for the day.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
hotelownerLongtown, Owner at Graham Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2019

Thank you so much for your lovely honest review. We are hoping to begin further decoration work in the winter months of this year. It does really does help us hearing honest reviews and where and what we need to do to ensure all of our guests have a pleasant comfortable stay at our hotel. I will pass on your wonderful comments onto Barrie our Kitchen Manager and to Charlie. Charlie has just started as a waiter at the hotel and this review will give him another boost to his confidence. We do hope you come to stay with us again - Kind Regards Vikki

Reviewed 27 April 2019 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for a one night stay on our way home from Edinburgh.
We arrived late afternoon and was welcomed warmly. We checked in and was given the key to our room. Rooms were not like the pictures I had seen but was clean enough but very very tired. We had a few drinks in the bar which was also tired looking but the atmosphere was good and Zoe behind the bar was very friendly.
We also ordered from the menu and was not disappointed my husband had chicken curry and I had sweet chilli beef which was lovely. We would highly recommend the food but the rooms needed some attention.
We also met Alistair the manager who was also very friendly.
Thumbs up to the staff and food not so thumbs up for the rooms.
5 stars for staff and food