See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 January 2015

The hotel has a superbe location in small vilage, in a typical chalet style. The rooms are clean, the family room has a mezzanine, ideal for kids. Although we could not ski due to lack of snow, the reception was very helpfull in suggesting plenty of other activities. The welness could be a bit cleaner and the guests should be better educated when using the sau a, but I guess this happens in all hotels. We booked half board and the food was ok, except the pizza meal. This diner suits better for noontime.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 December 2014 via mobile

With Three teenage daughters in a hotel. Suppose a ski holiday but no ...snow. The hotel is great. Wonderful view, clean, gear breakfast and wonderful staff!!!. The restaurant offers great food and nice atmosphere with lovely people. Swimming pool great after skiing. Intersport next door with good offers and excellent service. I cannot see any reasons for complain. Love it here.

Stayed: December 2014
1  Thank JanvSch
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We spent a long weekend with my wife and children and it was overall a good experience. The room was big and comfortable. The hotel restaurant food was good as well. It is true that the access to the ski slopes is excellent – you just have to walk out of the hotel and you’re there – no need to take your car or a shuttle, very easy! I was a bit disappointed that the Turkish bath was out of order. We had friends who had been there earlier and they told us this and I was hoping that by the time we came it would have been repaired, but no. So that was a bit of a pain as there is not much to do around. And I am not much of a skier either… But all in all, the experience was good. The bar tender was very nice and accommodating.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Charlie M
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Stayed here as a couple with two other couples. The hotel is just a few steps away from two pulling skilifts. It has a good restaurant (especially if you like meat, go for the on fire smoked steak). A alightisch bar with pool and tablefoot and a decent pool to cool down a bit.
The rooms are pretty dated and there's a lot of dust. The bathroom was clean enough.
I got a feather allergy so when I ask the receptionist for synthetic bedcovers she looked at me as I asked for something really weird...But it was changed for the night.
Too bad though they changed the bedcovers the second day without letting me know so I woke up the 2nd morning with blocked nose and eyes, not pleasant!
All and all the service is friendly and if you're looking for a budget-stay with hotel amenities this is the place to stay in Champoussin.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I recently made a booking through Expedia for this hotel for myself and my 77 year old mother. The booking was made 5 weeks prior to the date of arrival and the advertisement for the hotel stated in big red letters FREE CANCELLATION and that the credit card was only needed to secure the booking.

An hour after making the booking my mother realised that she had given me the wrong date so I cancelled the hotel. On receiving my credit card statement I realised that the hotel had taken the full amount for the booking so I contacted them and explained that I had cancelled the hotel only an hour after booking and that anyway the booking was 5 weeks away and that the web site stated “free cancellation”.
The hotel employee said that in the small print it states that they are entitled to take 50% and would therefore refund me 50%.

I explained to the hotel manager that I felt this was rather greedy, considering the cancellation had been made within an hour and that the booking was 5 weeks away. The reaction I received was completely intransigent and no effort was made to come to a compromise.

I then made clear that I would be contacting Expedia and writing a review to warn others of this. The Manager/Owner responded by saying that I was making “inappropriate threats”. My response was that as he had chosen to take my money I am perfectly entitled to write a review of his hotel.

He did keep my money hence this review as a warning to others.

I would completely understand that he would need to stick to his policy if I had cancelled a couple of weeks before the stay. However, I cancelled within 1 hour of the booking and explained to the hotel that it was an error. I have also recommended to him that he may like to speak to Expedia about how the hotel is advertised as it clearly states FREE CANCELLATION. However I think the thing I find most appalling is that the manager would accuse someone of “making threats” if they dare to review the service he has offered.

My mother and I did re-book with the correct dates and had a very enjoyable stay at a hotel in the same area. The attitude of this hotel and it’s owner was really disappointing and not very friendly and I would warn anyone intending to book this hotel to beware.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family