Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 June 2017

The external appearance is very off putting. Many signs of neglect and dilapidation. Inside the public areas are very untidy and cluttered.

The proprietors are friendly and laid back and once you have relaxed you will probably enjoy the experience. The food is good. Some of the best veggie food on my trip.

best enjoyed by a group travelling together

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 May 2017

We were cycle touring in the area and enjoyed a lovely meal in the evening , a good nights sleep, the joy of a bath rather than a shower, a well cooked breakfast and a friendly welcome. The second floor family room that we had was ensuite. We confirmed our need for an evening meal in advance and I would recommend other travellers to do the same. This guest house has a family feel and we liked it. You will see childrens shoes and toys. The house has character and is in a wonderful position for cycle touring. The ride on the East shore of the loch is fantastic. The ride on the west shore is very challenging

Room tip: Very little traffic passes at night so all rooms are quiet
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2017

The affordability and value for money of Ford House leaves little room for complaint. It is modest yet clean and comfortable. I stayed three nights on my own in a top floor single room in winter. There was one other paying guest the floor below.

It is a family home, and the family lives and entertains family and friends in their living room, through which house guests must pass to access the communal dining room. This made me feel somewhat uncomfortable on two nights of entertaining, despite assurances I was not imposing.

Inge cooks a substantial full Scottish breakfast, was attentive to my needs, and always made polite conversation. Craig seemed largely indifferent to my presence.

Once settled in, I enjoyed my stay.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

I had the massive good fortune of staying with Inge and Craig for two nights when on a training course in Kilmartin Feb 2017

Do you want peace and quiet?
Do you want an unfussy but warm and cosy welcome and experience?
Do you want to stay in a period home full of charm character and at a very reasonable price?
Do you want a 5 star breakfast cooked by an expert at his craft? It was awesome..

Ford house is a warm welcoming family run B and B in the heart of Kilmartin Glen Where nothing is a problem
If you want to be fussed and attended to
Just ask!!!
If you want to be left to your own devices .... then just get on with it!!!

If you want to meet two really remarkable people and enjoy their home...and sharein their knowledge skills and experience
Make the effort and you will be rewarded
This is a jewel in Argyle crown
Eddy

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2016

Arrived on the doorstep as a family soaked rats on bikes. Received a warm welcome, bikes were stored in safe place amidst great artworks, all our wet & dirty kit washed & dryed over night. We had booked ahead and were given a hearty home cooked meal. This is a relaxed friendly family run place where we met with other travellers from around the world. Huge thank you for looking after us. We had a great holiday in Argyll - places like Ford House made it so.

Room tip: book an evening meal as there is no where else nearby & it was very good!
Date of stay: July 2016