Lowest prices for your stay
Lowest price we found
US$209
View deal
eDreams
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 September 2018

The pool was broke, and the room was really dated and a bit dreary. The double room beds were so small and the mattresses need replaced. It had wood paneling. The balcony was nice and had a great view of the ocean. This place is really far away from anything! Hard to find if driving there. The restaurant was really overpriced for the quality and quantity of food. There was nothing to do here. The tv turned on but all the channels were static and blurry. the rooms were clean. There were NO PERKS here.

Date of stay: September 2018
4  Thank nefertiti3560
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Worst meal I ever had. Heavily fried gross fish tacos covered in a gooey sweet blob on a bland taco and a few pieces of cabbage. I should have known when we were the only ones in the place. The first thing the waitress did was give us a bottle of bug spray. Many no see ums. I strongly do NOT recommend.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank gowithmommy
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed nearby but decided to eat here one night. The food was terrible, over cooked, way over priced, zero crab in the crab cakes. $148 for 2 adults and 3 kids and we all left hungry. No ac, which is not a big deal but we had to wait for while and sweating while getting bit by bugs is not fun in a restaurant . We’ve ate at several other places in the area, way better and more reasonably priced.... skip this place for sure!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank rchamberlain2
Reviewed 28 May 2018

I liked the place.
It is a nice 10 room hotel with well kept grounds in a quiet area on a gorgeous Atlantic side beach with almost nobody else on it, a nice ocean breeze, a relatively short drive to many places one would want to go, has a very nice pool area, restaurant (with beautiful ocean vista) & bar are onsite, clean rooms, I had no problems with internet or power, friendly staff and you really NEED to have a rental car to get to the hotel and around the island.
The hotel is not old and it is not new, so there can be some problems. When I checked in, none of the electric outlets in my room worked except the bathroom. I reported this immediately and showed the front desk person the problem. She checked for tripped breaker, not the problem, them gave me a different room. When I went to use the shower, the faucet would not function properly, but I managed a shower, went to report it, showed the staff the problem, while I was out enjoying the island they had it fixed. They said that soon after I leave they are doing major updates to the rooms. The staff was very understanding of and responsive to fixing these problems.
I was there to explore the island, so I did not eat at their restaurant, so I can not comment on the food. Others who live on the island and had eaten there said it can be good sometimes and bad other times. I found other restaurants that were good. Eating out will cost one and a half to three times what you might expect back home. Many restaurants include the taxes and gratuity in the price, but ask the server so you know. Great place called Tippy's a half mile away. When the menu says "Cracked Conch" or "Cracked Lobster" that means breaded and fried. Bahamian Beer comes in several varieties, is good and cheaper than others, plus good for Bahamian economy. I was very impressed with "Strong Back Stout"(better than Guiness). You will find NO FRANCHISED restaurants or stores, just small local places. Groceries stores were small but had enough to suit most wants. Almost all food/products are imported, so they cost more, but I speculate that food/products imported from UK get lower import taxes so they are actually cheaper than those from other countries, so hunt for UK and Bahamian food/products. I found that UK Gingersnap cookies and Bahamian (non-alcoholic) Malt drinks (VitaMalt, MegaMalt, Triple B) were inexpensive, satisfying and easy to carry for snacks and meal substitutes. (Bring your own key-chain sized bottle opener)
Getting around the island to see and do really is best with a rental car. You drive on the LEFT SIDE OF THE ROAD! Some rental cars are right-hand-drive and some are left-hand-drive. Roads are frequently in fair to poor condition (potholes) and can suddenly change to a single car wide path through the forests. If you think you might go to more remote areas, think about renting a suv with higher clearance than small cars, make sure the tires are good, that there is a working jack and spare, as well as wiper fluid, turn signals, etc. Many of the rental cars would be considered old and beat, so lower your expectations and be sure the car has good functional systems to avoid problems on the road with little to no help from rental company.
If you do not have a cell phone that will work out and about and can make local calls, you can get a SIM Card for a local company (Aliv) at a good rate for your stay so you can call for help or recon restaurants, etc.
Unique Village sits about in the middle of the island, very convenient and yet remote. Driving around the island you will mostly see palmetto and scrub with occasional nice views. (bring bug repellent). I drove to the south end of the island one day and to the north end another day. Just a few miles away to the west and south is a picturesque Caribbean Sea beach called Ten Bay Beach which was one of the best beaches I found and had almost nobody there. Going to the south end lighthouse beaches will have the last 3 miles of road so bad you should only take an suv and drive at 5-15 mph. There are NO SERVICES OF ANY KIND (toilets, food, power, shelter) there. But you will find a vast, stunning beach with water colors I found nowhere else on the 4 islands I visited that will blow your mind and very few people there. (bring footware you can use on sharp/rough rocks) The Lighthouse itself is in ruins. I found at the beginning of that bad road there is a good road which heads East (left) and is maybe a half mile long taking you to the Atlantic side beach which was vast, stunning and nobody there.
Governors Harbor area has more to do and see than the rest of the island. French Leave Beach, Twin Bay Beach, and many others were beautiful with few people there.
Drive to the north end and Spanish Wells via ferryboat (no cars) ($12 RT) then rent a golf cart to get around ($10/hr). There are some small places to eat/drink along the way.
The people on Eleuthera are kind, friendly and helpful.
Eleuthera is relatively undeveloped and has far less tourism and infrastructure than Nassau and Freeport.

Room tip: All rooms face Ocean, lower ones have less view, upper rooms have better view
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
6  Thank Danny W
Reviewed 13 April 2018

I actually had a reservation to stay here one night and then go meet some friends at Harbour Island. When we landed the very nice gentlemen who was our taxi driver told us it would be $160 each way to the hotel. We ended up going straight to Harbour Island vía a $5 ferry and staying an extra night there for $107.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
8  Thank Sonia V