ZenHotels.com
FindHotel
Hotels.com
Snaptravel
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 March 2015 via mobile

If you wanted to stay in the heart of kuta, Surya Tropical Kuta is the place! It's very accessible to clubs, bars, minimarts & shopping area! Everything you need there is in kuta. Hotel is great, staffs we're indeed friendly & price is cheap & affordable! Came back again 2 times within my 2 weeks stay in Bali! Tho only thing is that it will be slightly noisy due to clubs around it. Other than that it's a good place to stay! Thumbs up!

Date of stay: March 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2015

Great location if you like to party all night long! but you can forget the comfort and needs for your room! Basic rooms and needs. I stay there for 3 nights. Room were average and old I must say. Old beds and with no water heater.. If you want hot water you'd have to request at the kitchen. Forget about sleeping comfortably at night as the place is nearby to the busies nightlife in Bali.. But the pool was nice even though it's average. One thing I love the most is the fact that the location is very good. Nearby to all things.. Shopping.. restaurants.. and yes the famous nightlife of the Legian road! I rent a scooter from a nearby guy named PUTU and work my way around the city.. It was fun and adventures.. (you should try it) .. not recommended for couples for honeymoons and family with children.. :P

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank apaimax
Reviewed 21 January 2015

We got into Surya Tropical very late after our flight. We were only staying there 1 night using it as just a place to crash and then leave around midday the next day. Firstly, this place is next to 2 very loud nightclubs. Something that the business cannot help and we sympathise with that but everything else that was wrong with this place could be helped. The man who showed us to our room was not rude but not friendly either. The outside seems to be kept reasonably well, pool looked pretty good but it's a shame I can't say the same about the inside of our room. The pictures online are very deceptive. It was not very clean at all. The bed was kind of damp and smelt a little funny. The walls were filthy and make you feel like you're in a really nasty place. Could not shower here so thankfully we were only here 1 night. Bathroom was disgusting. TV was there but unfortunately I don't understand Indonesian and I'm also not a fan of channels of white noise. The AC was maybe the only decent thing about our room. So I guess we were cool enough to sleep comfortably but the nightclub next door had other ideas. Breakfast the following morning was below average when I compare it to the 15 other breakfasts I had at different places around Bali during my stay here. I don't like giving bad reviews but this was disappointing to say the least even just for a place to crash. Perhaps this place has gone down hill a little because most other reviews seem old and a little more forgiving than this one. Even at a quarter of the price I wouldn't stay here.

Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Axenrot
Reviewed 26 August 2014

i come here a lot when stay in Bali for holiday.

the hotel itself placed very near from legian street, even for budget hotel but the decorations and facilities is way beyond for what you pay.

they have authentic room with balinese signature door, clean room, and swimming pool.
they have super fast wifi access but so bad things, you cant reach the wifi from inside your room.

my travel style is looking for budget hotel and try culinary, so if you/re on my side, that means this hotel gonna be your choices to just rest and try different food in the next day.

p.s : because strategic place near legian ( behind Sky garden ) so in the night you'll disturb by the noise of DJ and upbeat song ( but , this is Bali !! )

Room tip: You can choose swimming side room, if you like swimming pool in front of your room but you need to take risk if early morning there are someone swimming and make loud noise, or you can choose authentic room in front of lobby.
Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank vincentyongky
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I stayed in this hotel during almost one month and its just a perfect place to stay : excelent location near the nightlife of kuta (legian, poppies lanes) , good value for money, confy and the personal is not too bad. The pool and the restaurant are clean.
You really gonna feel like at home. Perfect for travellers on a budget.

Date of stay: August 2011