Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
SAVE US$15
Free cancellation until 17/04/21
Hotels.com
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

I love this place so much and will defintely go back. I t may not be a perfect hotel, but this hotel has everything I need..comfort bed, clean room, huge swimming pool, salt spa, spectacular view, fresh air, friendly staff and my little doggie is welcomed here...Avatar Spa Mountain Suites has become one of my favourite hotel already..

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2017

We have been there just before the New Year 2017. The weather was cool and the scenery was fantastic. I have called and asked the receptionist to book two rooms for me and my family members. The staff who talked to me through the phone calls was kind enough to explain and answer everything I wanted to know. I remember that the price was not that expensive. So for me, it was worth the ride.

As the weather was cool, so were our minds. We felt relaxed right when we reached the place. However, it should be mentioned that you really need to have your own vehicle to go to the place. It's located quite far from the center of Uthai Thani province. The province is not yet industrially developed so there are many greenery places to look at. The roads are not quite nice in some places so make sure that your vehicle is good enough to travel such a journey. We drove from Bangkok and found Google Map is one of the most, if not the most itself, useful thing for living nowadays. The route can be a bit tricky so make sure that the internet on your phone is on and just follow the path it provides.

We stayed on the ground floor as the rooms are more spacious. I still don't know if the rooms on the second floor are better but I was pretty much satisfied with my rooms. It was decorated in the cave manner, together with the cool temperature it just made perfect sense. We especially loved the homemade authentic solid perfume they placed almost everywhere e.g. in your room or in one corner of the hotel.

The food was great, just great. Again I was happy and lucky enough to be there during the most winter time Thailand can have so when we were served with the food it just went together so well with the cool temperature. We kinda doubt that this place is going to be this good to visit if the weather is not that cool. So that might be one thing left to be answered later on. We had to wait a bit before we were served with the food, but the quality and the taste just made us forget that feeling we had before we ate. Terrific food. Not sure if that was the result of the owner of the hotel being there also at the restaurant when we were there.

Overall, it's a good place. Recommended for winter season as in summer it might be a bit too hot.

Room tip: The rooms on the ground floor is more spacious.
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

About 3 hours from Bankok, special romantic hotel in the midlle of a forest.
Small village and market in the area. A special old cage . On the way we had a stop at the 100 years market, autentic market ..must see.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

Ban rai is a peaceful little village/town. And slightly hidden away you will find the avatar. A truly stunning resort, feels at one with the surrounding mountains. The swimming pool was the temptation and hasn't disappointed. Floating in the perfect water, the hotel disappears into the natural scenery. 100% paradise.
Open airy room, tranquil balcony and outdoor bathroom/shower finishes it off. Big thumbs up. Restaurant has a large and delicious menu. Eaten too much at lunch.
I definitely recommend this must see hotel. The surrounding area has a lot to offer also
A little fun extra- bicycles to get around on

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2015 via mobile

Peaceful and relaxing atmosphere close to the nature. Very specious room with fountain-like bathtub. Guests can also enjoy feeding fish and riding bicycle to take a look around. Outdoor swimming pool surrounded by mountains is breathtaking and truly one of a kind. Hospitality of staff is amazing.

Date of stay: March 2015