“Really good restaurant with exceptional specials”
Review of Breakers

Breakers
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Uvongo
Reviewed 26 April 2018

We go to Breakers quite often and their specials are exceptional and especially the lamb curry. It's the best on the south coast. Staff and management are very friendly, restaurant is spotless and you can enjoy a wonderful evening at Breakers. Well worth a visit.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 14 April 2018

You can't see the magic from outside.Spaced seating,children play space with big activity centre,unreal service,fresh food.I could not ask for more.As a critic I was lost for words.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 26 March 2018

We visited Breakers on a Saturday and arrived 11h45. We were told that the kitchen only opens at 12h00 but were invited in and offered drinks, which was a good sign. Magda waited on us and was very friendly and efficient. She staged our food to our requirements and never put us under pressure with the usual "Everything OK?" question. We sat inside in a formal white linen and well cooled air-conditioned area. They had an outside area and kiddies playground. I had Chicken Livers, 16 x Prawns with additional calamari, and Creme Brulee. My wife had Avocado Crosti, Filet, and Chocolate Mouse. All the food was excellent and the portions were sufficient. Three special mentionings: The chicken livers did not come in big chunks but consisted of fairly fine pieces in a tasty creme sauce. They were better than most I had before. The prawns were very well sized and cooked to perfection. To me, the 16 were way too many but I still enjoyed every one of them. Though the prawns were pricey, I would still recommend them. Their Creme Brulee was one of the better ones I ever had. Creme Brulee is my test for a restaurants ability, and they did not disappoint. The atmosphere is somewhere between a fine dine and a seafood restaurant, but definitely not a beach bar. It was fairly quiet while we were there but all signs are there that it can become lively. If you like good tasty food in a clean restaurant, Breakers is for you. Thanks Magda, you did well! One e recommendation: The guy at the till; get him to where shoes rather than tongs. It suits the atmosphere better.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Some really good specials, friendly efficient service and great food quality. We really enjoyed our time there - just a fantastic grill. A really nice touch was they opened the moist toilettes for us as we started our meal - hate trying to open them with greasy prawn hands. Check it out

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 13 February 2018

This was our second visit to Breakers, and the second time we've walked away AMAZED at the quality of the food and service. We were a group of 9 (5 adults, 4 children) which included friends from the UK on the hunt for decent seafood. Everyone's meal was amazing and the two vegans in the group raved about the Veg Curry, which was full of flavour. The only thing that could have made it better would have been a vegan or vegetarian item on the kids menu. No visit to the South Coast would be complete without a meal at Breakers. Thank you for taking great care of us, Magda!

Date of visit: February 2018