“Very cool”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$76.99*
and up
Cliff of Moher, Doolin Caves, Boat tour, visit...
Ranked #2 of 16 things to do in Doolin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A Stunning Underworld Experience, the Great Stalactite at Doolin Cave is one of Europe's most compelling cave attractions. It is a truly unique and breathtaking experience:- the largest stalactite in the Norhern Hemisphere. Doolin Cave has a Farmland Nature Trail, which is FREE for its visitors.We have unusual breeds of chickens, sheep, cattle and alovely pygmy goat called Minnie, with her little kid called Vincent Van Goat or Vinnie for short.We have also planted lots of native trees and shrubs and wildflower meadows. Our cafe serves lovely fresh salads, soups, breads and homemade cakes We are very proud to announce that we have recently been awarded a Gold Award from Ecotourism Ireland. Hurray!
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My husband and I were driving around Ireland on vacation and just happened across Doolin's cave so we stopped in to check it out. It's mind boggling how many years it took to form the stalactite & how much work it took a few people to make this accessible to the average person. We had a very knowledgeable tour guide who made sure to point out fossils of prehistoric worms on the way down & other interesting features. How any times in your life will you be able to walk deep into a cave and marvel at mother nature? It's well worth a visit.

All reviews
in 24 reviews
"discovery"
in 31 reviews

Reviewed 23 June 2014

An awesome experience that the normal person would never get the opportunity to see if it wasn't for the entrepreneurial investment by owner of the Doolin cave. I thank them for making it possible for my wife and I to see this magnificent find that has only been seen by locals willing to crawl for hours to see.

JHBrowne, Owner at Doolin Cave, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you so much for your appreciation of Doolin Cave. My husband and I spent 16 years trying to open the cave against all sorts of opposition. Someday one of us may write a book on our experience.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

The famous stalactite is worth a visit. You can really imagine what it was like for the cavers who first found this impressive piece of stone.

JHBrowne, Owner at Doolin Cave, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Great you enjoyed your trip to Doolin Cave and yes, it was very brave of Brian Varley and Mike Dickenson to explore it first in 1952

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Didn't know this existed. Great little shop, free wifi, tea shop and about a 40 minute tour. Mason was our guide and he was a student of geology and science which made it quite interesting. Lots of stairs. In fact they remind you 125 steps down and them 125 back down. Kids loved it.

JHBrowne, Owner at Doolin Cave, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you Jackie for your lovely review, Mason is thrilled that you enjoyed his tour.

See more reviews
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Being from Ireland myself I've been there, done that with a lot of the attractions and caves but today was my first time to Doolin Cave and I can happily say that it won't be my last. The gift shop and cafe are lovely and upon purchasing the tickets the staff couldn't have been more helpful or informative.
It's a long way down and lots of steps to the cave but it's well worth the trek. The cave itself is stunning but what really made the tour was our guide Will who was friendly, informative and seemed genuinely interested in what he was talking about.
A great way to spend the morning and I can't recommend visiting here enough.

JHBrowne, Owner at Doolin Cave, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

It's great to find new places that you like close to home, thank you for taking the time to tell people about your experience. I've passed your kind words on to Will and he really appreciates your comments