“Best Part of our 8 Day Trip to Ireland!”
Review of Doolin Cliff Walk

Doolin Cliff Walk
Ranked #1 of 6 Tours in Doolin
Reviewed 6 April 2017

Pat Sweeney is the best tour guide I have ever had anywhere. His passion for his hometown and these cliffs is palpable. He was ready to have a great time walking the cliffs that he walks every single day. He answered our hundreds of questions, encouraged us to see the cliffs from different views and was just the epitome of Irish hospitality. I would do this 1,000 times. The walk is a bit challenging but you don't have to be a marathon runner, just be ready. The views are so much better than driving to the top and looking down but it's a hike so wear appropriate clothing. I had chucks on which wasn't ideal but I made it. Hiking boots and a raincoat is best. There are waterfalls that actually fall upward if you can believe it so you will likely get wet. You dry out quickly and with Pat as your guide you don't really mind. My husband and I did this with 5 other people and couldn't stop smiling for days after it. "Remember when Pat said this..." It takes about 3 hours and then he gives you an hour to walk around for more pictures. A bus takes you back down which we skipped because we had a car so not sure how long that adds to the trip. It is hands down my favorite memory of Ireland. He also has a B & B that we didn't stay in but I will when we go back. Literally, if you can only do one thing while in Ireland, make it this.

2  Thank babsnola

Reviewed 3 April 2017

Walking the Cliffs of Moher was such an amazing experience, and it couldn't have been better without our tour guide Pat Sweeney. His stories about growing up in the area and his immense knowledge of the cliffs enabled us to have such an enjoyable experience. If it wasn't for the cliff walk with Pat, we would have missed out on so much that the cliffs had to offer. We will definitely come back to Ireland and will for sure take another walk with Pat!

1  Thank laura w
Reviewed 31 March 2017

This is one of the great truly spectacular locations in All of Ireland. I have been here dozens of times over the past 45 years and it always fills me with awe. From the view of the cliffs being pounded by the Atlantic to the sight of the three islands called Aran just off the coast and the view of the Pins in Connemara across Galway Bay, this is the highpoint of any trip to County Claire.

3  Thank wbrucec
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Don't do to the cliffs of Moher visitor center - do this walk instead! Pat, a local farmer, got his neighbors together to create the cliff top trail. You walk for 3 hrs from Doolin to the visitor center along an amazing cliff top trail. The entire way, you get stories of his childhood and life in Ireland. It is an amazing walk and a he is a really interesting guy. Don't think it over - just do it.

3  Thank Brad B
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

This was the highlight of our Ireland trip this far!! We absolutely loved the cliff walk with Pat Sweeney. He is a wonderful, warm hearted man who shares local stories and the history of the area. The cliff walk itself has only been open to the public for the past four years and we are incredibly lucky that it has! It is just a wonderful experience that gives you a one of a kind look at the cliffs. If you are someone who enjoys walking, outdoors activities, and a bit of adventure, do yourself a favor and do not miss this!!

1  Thank Joanna S