My husband and I came to Ireland in May for a 10 day extended whirlwind trip. This was the fourth place we stayed on our driving tour of southern Ireland.
GOOD LORD THE VIEW!! As we drove up to the building, it really didn't seem like much, we'd booked through a company that assured us we would be staying at castles at every point along the way, an this place didn't initially seem to fit the bill. As you look closer, however, you see a tower behind the building up the hill a bit and that's when the castle comes into view.
The view from our room was AMAZING. We could see the Cliffs which was cool enough in and of itself to make the stay worth while. (As a side note, we did actually go see the Cliffs and I was a little chilly when I got back so I took a hot bath - the tub was to DIE for)
The absolute best part about the whole stay was the owner. He met us at the door and helped us to carry our bags. My husband sat one night with him at the bar until late while my husband had a beer and the owner told stories of his childhood growing up. At one point, he met us at dusk and took us up to the old castle on the hill to let us tour through it. This was the REAL deal - no fixing up here, just absolutely AMAZING. I suppose I should also point out that we did dine here as well, and although the food was to DIE for - the entire stay really was made by the owner and his obvious love and care he took of the place.
If we go back to Ireland, we will never stay anywhere else but here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ballinalacken Castle Hotel Doolin is one of the leading Castle Hotels Ireland with views of Cliffs of Moher. This Clare Hotel has an award winning restaurant and is the best place to eat in Doolin. It would be difficult to find a more beautiful place on the West Coast of Ireland in which to wake up. The Ballinalacken has been described in the press as one of the finest located houses in Europe. Our guest rooms offer spectacular panoramic views of the Aran Islands, the Cliffs of Moher and Galway Bay. A 15th Century Castle ruin of the O'Brien Clan stands imposingly beside the Ballinalacken Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Ballinalacken Castle Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballinalacken Castle Country House Hotel Doolin
- Ballinalacken Castle Country Hotel
- Ballinalacken Castle Country Doolin