“Best Doolin Restaurant for a Special Dinner!”

Roadford House Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Doolin
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I vist Doolin each year. It is, by far, my favorite tiny town in Ireland. And, for the past three years, I have returned to what has become my favorite restaurant.....the Roadford House.

First and foremost, the food is superb and the chef is an artist in its presentation. I can't find any room for improvement. I especially love their mushroom soup....absolutely delicious.

The atmosphere and service is impeccable. Marian, the owner hostess, is always friendly, helpful....and entertaining. This year was my brother-in-law's birthday so we planned ahead and asked if they would accommodate us with a cake for dessert. At the end of the meal, the Celtic music changed to a low-key version of Happy Birthday and in walked Marian with a beautiful cake with candles lit! And, I don't need to tell you that the cake was awesome - chocolate with a great mousse filling. Yummy!

As a special treat for dog-lovers, you get to greet a beautiful retriever named "Beans" on your way in or out of the restaurant - well-mannered and friendly. This was our faovrite dining experience while in Ireland. My advise is: Do not miss this special treat!

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We strolled over to Roadford House from our B&B and enjoyed a lovely dinner. The staff was very helpful and the selections quite creative. We especially loved the lemon curd with meringue parfait.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

Just had superb meal, sole with scallops, beautifully presented ,prepared and cooked. Excellent wine selection. Highly recommended

Reviewed 19 April 2012

loved the food and the restaurant is just wonderful

Reviewed 19 April 2012

Hands down the best meal in Ireland. The duck is their signature dish & worth a flight over the Atlantic. & The panna cotta I had for dessert was a revelation. For goodness sakes, if you're within driving distance from Doolin, make the trip in -- you'll be thankful you did. The quality, flavor, & presentation of the dishes merit the Michelin star, as does the superbly kind & efficient service.

1  Thank jayn71