“Good food, poor service”
Review of Knead Bakery

Knead Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Claremont
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

When we arrived it took a long time for the waitress to serve us. When she finally did serve us she was very unfriendly and rude, responding with groans and sighs. My coffee arrived and cup was dirty and had not been cleaned since the previous customer as was my knife. When they brought my food they had made it with hollandaise sauce although I specifically asked for it without sauce. The manager was very friendly and sorted out the issues and the food was amazing and very tasty. Unfortunately he needs to get better control of his staff.

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Visited this morning for coffee and a quick bite. Service was slow in that the waitress didn’t come and ask to take my order. As I was seated I asked for water and a berry smoothie as I knew that was what my daughter wanted and then did not see the waitress for a long time again. The place was not that busy either. I had to stop another waitress coming past to ask if I could order a drink for myself and then decided not to order food as the drinks had taken a while to come and I wasn’t prepared to wait much longer. It’s very noisy inside. The drinks were lovely I had the coffee freezo I think it was called and my little girl had a berry smoothie which she finished so it must have meant that it was good. Again I had to stop another waitress coming past to ask for the bill which came pretty quickly and I was able to pay with SnapScan which was great.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Not sure what all the negative reviews are about! We had a fantastic family breakfast here. Good service, perfect coffee and the pastries are to die for. Local fav when in the area.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

We have been to this Knead a few times because it is close to where we live, it is affordable and it is right by the Woolworths - pretty convenient if you need something. We heard about their evening specials and decided to give them a try. Between my partner and I, we have tried the pizzas, burgers and tacos, and possibly a couple other things I am not remembering right now. The pizzas are great, particularly the spinach and feta one. And at R55 on a special night (Monday or Friday), it is a pretty good deal. However, the beef burger is bland and boring and the tacos very small and not that filling. The tacos were also very messy to eat - yes I know tacos are messy, but when the tables are sticky (every single time) - presumably not cleaned properly - then I really do not want to touch my tacos with my hands that have made contact with the sticky table. On our most recent visit (26 Feb 2018), the waitress forgot all about us after seating. I saw her serve three other tables before we eventually flagged down someone else to help us. We also got a different special from the one we asked for but we ate it anyway because we had been waiting for ages already. I do not recommend this branch unless something changes for the better!

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

As a family the Knead restaurants used to be a favorite. Having not been there in a while we though to try it again expecting fresh wholesome delish food. Unfortunately the fish cakes had been overly deep fried the sandwich’s bland and the fries too. The salads were sad but worst of all was the service. We were the only table and we waited 20 mins for two sparkling waters, our waiter did not check on us once or clear our plates for another 20. With so many other options in the area I would recommend avoiding this one, really a shame seeing as what Knead used to be.