“Not what it used to be”
Review of Knead Bakery

Knead Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Claremont
Reviewed 17 October 2017

We were loyal Knead customers until our latest visit. Seated at a table in the doorway, it was freezing cold. We requested that the door be kept closed but that didn't happen. The table we sat at was dirty. We ordered coffee, which took a while to arrive and it was lukewarm. I requested my coffee to be warmed up and after they had done this, it sat on the pass for approx 5 min before I got up and collected it as I really did not want cold coffee again. I ordered creamy mushrooms on toast with a medium poached egg. My egg arrived raw and the creamy mushroom mixture had far to much pepper in it. Service was okay, could be slow at times. We will probably find another breakfast spot.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Went for breakfast with my son as he like eggs benedict. My complaint isn't with the food as it was fine, but the table, the menus and the salt and pepper cellars were sticky and greasy - staff are clearly not being managed properly here with regards to duties. I don't blame them, I blame management - have some pride.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

I am a huge fan of Knead in Plattekloof, which is why we chose to come to knead in Claremont, but we were bitterly disappointed. the service was poor, we ordered strong double flat whites in small cups only to receive weak, cold milky coffee (if i can call it that) in large cups. The food we ordered was the same meal as we have ordered many times before at the Plattefloof Knead only to find that the portion size was almost half, the mince was bland, one plates eggs were under-cooked and the others overcooked. We also observed at least one family get up to leave after ordering as it had taken so long to get their drinks and another mom having to get up to get things sorted out so they could leave. Saturday mornings are not the best day to go, i wont be back to that one!

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

I have been here many times and every time I have been let down. If they can't get my breakfast right then they never have specific bread will only come out at 1 or 2pm.

Or order today and you can get today's bread tomorrow...

REALLY!!!!!

Why have you guys go behind like this????

Reviewed 9 June 2017

There is interior and exterior seating which can be enclosed on cold days. The appearance is of wood and hessian and subdued colors. Quite an extensive menu which caters for children as well. They offer great breads and some pastries. There is an open kitchen and preparation and baking are always on the go. The coffee is strong and of high quality and available in different sizes. We were on for one of their breakfasts which are available accompanied by different types of bread. Quality and presentation are good and the plates arrive warmed. Service is prompt and pleasant.