Lowest prices for your stay
eDreams
Travelocity
Trip.com
US$99
View deal
Free cancellation until 21/05/21
Orbitz.com
Hotels.comUS$101
All reviews the main hotel wedding reception lovely staff booked this hotel thank you so much bit dated full scottish breakfast cooked breakfast wedding venue a lovely stay haggis gretna gateway meal menu waitress stopover anniversary
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 August 2020

Lunch meeting with friends. Food is of excellent quality, cooked to perfection. Good range of menu choice. The establishment is very clean and well presented and the staff are pleasant. Down side being the length of time to be served. Had to ask twice for a drinks order to be taken; delivery 40 minutes from arrival. Food arrived after 45/50 minutes from arrival and to be fair the place was busy. Piping hot and cooked to perfection with generous portion sizes. Despite the long wait I would still recommend as I have been to this place many times.

Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed 2 March 2020 via mobile

I stayed here for one night to break my journey from the south of England to the north of Scotland. I loved it. All the staff I met were efficient and helpful. I had a room in the annexe that was perfect for my requirements, comfortable bed and great en-suite. I was particularly impressed with the mirror in the bathroom. I had a great evening meal in the lounge, very tasty and good price. Also a great breakfast in the morning before my departure that set me up for my long drive. A great experience and highly recommended.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank W5644WAnickc
Reviewed 16 February 2020

Room was tiny, hardly any space for moving. Wallpaper was ripped and some was peeling off the wall. Dampness on the wall near the window. Tiles were racked in the bathroom. Thick dust up the wall and cobwebs. Bedside drawers were broken as was the door on the wardrobe. The wardrobe had been put in a tiny gap between 2 walls and was unable to access half of it. Something had been leaking through the ceiling and there was a horrible stain on it. No receptionist to be seen since we checked in and no one there for check out. Information card in the room stated hotel guests do not need to book a table for dinner but when we went down to dinner we were told there was no space and we should have booked. 2 staff in the dining area were very unhelpful and not friendly at all.

1  Thank nikkimN4973VQ
Reviewed 9 February 2020 via mobile

Stayed here during the storm last night and unfortunately the window broke it was so windy! The owner and staff were amazing and moved us to another great room straight away, it was warm and lovely.
Honestly they couldn’t be more welcoming and accommodating, the breakfast included in the room price is also absolutely amazing.
Bargain prices for such a nice hotel.
Thank you so much again for a lovely stay.

Reviewed 10 December 2019 via mobile

Basic and value for money. Delightful welcome from lovely local staff.
Arrived late to a dark cold bedroom, no heating and freezing early morning.
Good cooked breakfast, basic ingredients but well delivered.

Date of stay: December 2019