We had a 2-night weekend stay in a junior suite. The room was large, with access to a semi-private patio and direct access to the outdoor pool and spa. It was well furnished, although the two bedside lamps did not match eachother! The bed was quite hard and may not be everyone's idea of comfortable. Also, we would have exected a tea/coffee tray in the room which was conspicuous by its absence from a location that evidently was where it should have been!
The bathroom was huge but under-heated, with a centrally placed roll-top bath and a separate large walk-in shower. The place generally was top-class, clean and everywhere well presented, from the small lounges to the restaurant.
The food was very good and we chose to eat in the restaurant on both nights of our stay. Breakfast was good with an average selection of cereals and cold meats/cheeses supplemented with a menu of cooked items comprising traditional English breakfast items including kippers and smoked haddock.
The service generally was exemplary although we did not receive our ordered newspaper on the first morning and neither did we get our wake-up call (about 15 minutes late); minor things but annoyances that should not occur.
Look out for deals - we got ours through Laterooms; not sure if this hotel would present good value at its full rack rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Homewood park Hotel & Spa A luxury hotel country house hotel in Bath with a warm and welcoming fusion of the contemporary and the classic. Set in 10 acres of mature parklands and award-winning gardens with gorgeous views over of the beautiful Limpley Stoke valley, Homewood Park is delightfully rural and peaceful, making it a great hotel in Bath. Step inside and you will find the house still retains many of its original features, including exposed wooden floors, antique paintings and roaring log fires, all artfully combined with stylish modern furnishings, fabrics and finishes. During your stay, you can also enjoy our luxury hotel spa which includes a hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room and heated outside swimming pool. Our award winning restaurant provides fine dining at the highest quality, another great reason to stay at Homewood Park. The result of this, is a great Bath hotel with a refreshing fusion of the conventional and contemporary cool and chic We are certainly very happy to accommodate and cater for children of all ages. We are also a pet-friendly hotel and for a small fee we are delighted to welcome your dog. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Stayforlong S.L., Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Park Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Park Hotel Hinton Charterhouse
- Homewood Park Hotel And Spa
- Homewood Park Somerset