Review Highlights
A perfect morning on the river

We met Pedro at a spot on the Douro River, and we went by boat to the quiet Paiva tributary, where... read more

Reviewed 3 October 2018
Winchester23
Virginia
Great time on the Paiva

This was one of our best days in Portugal. The views are beautiful, EVERYTHING is quiet and calm... read more

Reviewed 25 September 2018
111michal2017
Tel Aviv, Israel
via mobile

All reviews paddle boarding the river paddling tributary instructions adventure pedro activity nature douro
Reviewed 29 May 2017

I thought I was just going to try SUP (stand up paddle) and what I got was an amazing experience exploring the beautiful landscapes of the Douro and Paiva rivers. It was exactly what I needed after a stressful week at work.
Pedro was incredibly nice. Always sharing lovely details about our surroundings. Midway through our tour we stopped on the riverside and he offered us some waters and snacks.

For those of you who are (like I was) a bit scared of SUP (or think it is somewhat dangerous) don't think about it any longer. It's super easy! Just try it, relax and enjoy the wonderful sights.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Great experience! Fantastic atmosphere! We will repeat this experience for sure! Many thanks for your hospitality, pictures and patience!

Reviewed 9 April 2017

My family and I had a fantastic day touring the Douro valley wine country with Pedro and Marco. They picked us up at 8 AM at our villa and took us to the nearby train station where we were able to catch the scenic train to Regua. They met us there with the van and took us to lunch, 2 really nice vineyards nearby (1 that was smaller and another that was a bigger corporate site), a 1 hour boat ride on the Douro river and another nice meal in the beautiful town of Amarante. They were fantastic guides and even better people that made the day really special for our family. I had mentioned that I was interested in Roman ruins so they made a special stop at the archeological site on the way home. We ended up back at the villa around 8 pm so it was a really full day of fun, learning about the area and life in Portugal. I highly recommend this tour!

1  Thank Larsols
Reviewed 27 September 2016

We thought we signed up for only one activity (Stand Up Paddling)... In reality, Pedro offered us a full day 'meet local Portugal' experience! In the most authentic way.

After picking us up from our hotel in Porto, he drove us through the beautiful landscapes of Northern Portugal. Along the way, we made a stop to take some pictures. Upon arrival (40 km from Porto), we started our SUP adventure.

After getting comfortable on our boards and paddling on the river, we tried some tricks. It was more 'fall down' paddling than 'stand up' paddling at that time - but I'm sure that's because of our courage-overload and poor coordination skills, not because of Pedro's teaching methods :) Surrounded by nature, no one else around, floating on your board; probably the best way to escape the city and discover the real Portugal.

Instead of having lunch at a restaurant, we were invited for lunch by the warm and caring family of Pedro. The food was amazing and might as well be served in an expensive restaurant. What made it even more special, is that we shared the table with Pedro's parents, his brother, sister in law and their kids. After lunch, we went for a typical Portuguese espresso in a local coffee bar. We spent some time playing with the dog and kids, swimming in their pool, trying local wines. Portuguese hospitality is simply unbelievable!

The second half of the day, we continued our SUP adventure on a different, but equally beautiful location. We had some local beers on the beach where we arrived, before Pedro brought us back to our hotel in Porto. Thinking of this day, I'm still wearing a big smile :)

Reviewed 19 September 2016

I made my SUP baptism with Pedro, and since the first time, I loved it. The company offers a huge variety of Premium Services, from water activities to beautiful landscape views.
If you are planing to visit Portugal, and the Douro Region, do not hesitate and call this company