Review of The White Hart

The White Hart
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 May 2017

Staying in St Teath we went for Sunday lunch at this lovely friendly cosy pub. The staff are amazing, very friendly. We had Sunday lunch, available in a smaller portion for the smaller appetite. The lamb was to die for and scrummy roast potatoes, my husband had the beef which was equally gorgeous. The sticky toffee pudding was just to die for. You could have it with custard, ice cream or clotted creamy. I think it's the best Sunday lunch I have had in a pub for a very long time.

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

We loved visiting this pub, very dog and people friendly pub. Tasty, home cooked meals and the Cornish icecream always a winner.

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Popped in for some Good Friday grub. First time for me the missus and the kids, although our hosts H & K have been here before.
Beautiful village, Top pub, Top beer, Top grub, Great service and a great atmosphere. What more can anyone want! Will be back next time when In the area!

Reviewed 2 April 2017

We were on our way to Constantine Bay and saw the sign for this village pub shortly before we arrived at Wadebridge so decided to look for lunch.
Nice pub with lots of different eating areas and garden. Food is home made and served in very generous portions . My husband drank Doom Bar and I had wine.
Obviously very popular with locals, and presumably with visitors in high season.
I chose the pasty with a salad garnish which was a small plate,but more than I could eat. The pasty was excellent, a little peppery for my taste , but that may be the traditional seasoning. My husband had steak and ale pie with enough chips and peas to feed more than two of us. The steak was very tender chunks of home cooked beef which fell apart on the fork and highly recommended. The portion was huge and with the best will in the world, he couldn't finish it, good as it was. There was a selection of seniors' meals: ham, egg and chips, lasagne and fish and chips which were a more modest size and served with a dessert. There was a wonderful selection of hot puds with cream, custard or ice cream and a range of local ice cream flavours but quite honestly, if we'd wanted a pud, we would have had to go for a lie down and come back for the next course on the following day.
Great pub food but you need to be hungry!

Reviewed 22 March 2017

The place was packed on a Friday night. Lively atmosphere, very friendly with St Patricks Day hats all over the bar. Dogs everywhere, of which one was ours. Great place for a chat and if you like a well packed plate. The beer and cider was good but to be very honest the food left a lot to be desired. Others seemed very happy. It was a case of minimal cooking skill, but pile it high and that works often where you have a less picky clientele. Firstly, the service was amazingly brilliant with one girl impossibly facing a host of tables in every direction and in about three or four rooms. She did a sturdy job when not tripping over the four legged friends and the football crowd at each table. However the chips and peas were very ordinary and the steak ordered rare was actually very well done -flavoursome though, but we were hungry and I was not bothered to send it back, as I often would have in different circumstances. The fish pie was moderate at best, tired at worst. Both huge portions. Maybe the chef had been caught out by all those customers and was doing the best they could and it was certainly unpretentious. Half the price of the worthy St Kew Inn nearby but also half as good. You makes your choice.................