“Just lovely”
other travellers have booked this property
Private and sheltered courtyard
Time for bed The perfect spot for a morning coffee
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Time for bed
The perfect spot for a morning coffee
Living room
Duck pond
Bedroom dressed for a proposal (and she said yes!)
Relax in the sunny garden
Garden patio
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Max W
Camberley, United Kingdom
“Just lovely”
Reviewed 26 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Just off the beaten track but easy to find, we saw an opportunity to stay for a few days at short notice and were not disappointed. Very accessible to all the interesting places to the south of Chichester and to Chichester itself - but mainly for us with two dogs to the wonderful West Wittering beach. We found the property, a lovely combination of comfortable old and new accommodation, was ideal for the two of us and especially being dog friendly with a lovely enclosed walled garden. Very peaceful and private. Julia was a very good hostess and made our stay easy and relaxed. It is so rare to find a cottage that gives the right balance of comfort for humans and two dogs alike and all four equally welcomed. We look forward to repeating our experience.

Liked best: All of it
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
3 Oct 2014
It was a pleasure to meet you and I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay - looking forward to sharing another glass of wine when we next meet!
Tim B
“I love it here!!”
Reviewed 25 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014

If ever there was a place that I would describe as a home from home when I'm in the area, this would be it. I have stayed here four times now, and Julia has never been only thing other than warm, friendly, and accommodating of our wishes and tries very hard to make our stay as enjoyable and hassle free as possible. The accommodation itself is modern, clean and comfortable, and located in a peaceful lane away from the hustle and bustle of towns yet just a shortish walk from a pretty decent pub/restaurant.
If it were possible to give Rookery Farm Barn 6 points, I would do so. Recommended.

Liked best: The welcome
Liked least: It's all good.
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
3 Oct 2014
It's always a pleasure to welcome you and I'm looking forward to welcoming you again and sharing another glass of wine! Thank you - Julia
Hugh B
“Excellent - highly recommended”
Reviewed 21 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014

I have stayed at Rookery Farm Barn every year since it opened and have thoroughly enjoyed every visit. The accommodation is spacious, well appointed and meticulously maintained. Julia is an excellent host who is always there when you need her and never there when you don't!

I will continue to stay here for a long as I have reason to visit West Sussex.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
25 Sep 2014
Thank you for your lovely review and I look forward to welcoming you again!
Best wishes - Jx
ellierobs...
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Stunning property and location with a warm and friendly welcome”
Reviewed 12 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

We stayed for few days in the summer holidays the location is stunning, tucked away in a beautiful country lane on the South Coast a short walk away is Pagham Harbour which is a beautiful nature reserve, a good old fashioned country pub and also an upmarket well renowned restaurant (The Crab and Lobster). Just a short drive there are glorious beaches the lovely old market town of Chichester. The property is cosy and beautifully presented it has everything you could need. The welcome goodies were very much 'welcomed' after the journey and the warm and friendly manner of Julia was just perfect - we will be back next year.....

Travelling group: Young Children
25 Sep 2014
Thank you for your lovely review. I look forward to welcoming you and your family again. Best wishes.
Commentat
“Worst Holiday Experience Ever EVER!”
Reviewed 4 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

My daughter and I could not find this place as is somewhat off the beaten track and when we arrived late this was noted in ill tempered fashion by the owner which was not a good start for a weary traveller! She had agreed to phone me reference our checking in early but admitted that she had omitted to do so. Then my daughter and I were very disappointed with the actual accommodation which is very small and cheaply meanly decorated with bottom of the range appliances etc but thought we'd stay anyway for one night as we were exhausted. Then we discovered that the TV did not work at all nor the Wifi which let me online for about one minute and that was it! The toilet was smelly though (there was a strong and unpleasant smell of bleach throughout the studio) so my daughter refused to use it and had subsequent 'accident' as a result of this! Phoned e-mailed (in brief time when internet worked!) and texted the owner to register my disapproval but heard nothing. When she did eventually come she was just cross and ill tempered as though it was somehow our fault that nothing was working etc! That other travellers had found nothing wanting so why were we complaining? Her incivility was breathtaking. Was so fed up by this juncture that decided to leave the next morning and the owner said that I could not do this without losing money as the minimum stay was for two nights so I would forfeit the money for the second night(!) At this juncture I was so annoyed at the prospect of spending the outlandish £200 for one night in this mean and malfunctioning accommodation that I was compelled to accept her offer of a full refund and go home! So had to drive home all through the night spoiling our break completely. The ONLY good thing to report was that she did eventually give us our money back however this was effected by her throwing it on the table in ungracious fashion(!) Was so worried as had given her cash on arrival as per her request. NEVER AGAIN!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Nothing there was nothing appealing about the place
Liked least: Cheap malfunctioning or non available facilities despite advertisement of these
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing