“Good options, well prepared with excellent tastes”

1884 Restaurante Francis Mallmann
Ranked #3 of 68 Restaurants in Godoy Cruz
Price range: US$100 - US$120
Cuisines: Argentinian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

I visited here with a group through business and it was as good as I remember 3 years ago.

We had a mixed selection of starters from which the Empanadas, Humitas and Spanish Octopus were excellent.

Throughout the meal you are well supplied with bread which is very tasty.

The main course presented a problem in what to choose from as so many looked good with my own choice the Ribeye Milanese which was served with an excellent criolla sauce and potatoes.

Some of the rest of our group has the ribeye, lamb rack and braised lamb which were all devoured and enjoyed.

The wine selection is pretty good and the service I have found to be good as well.

The building itself is enjoyable with the choice from the terrace and inside depending on what you fancy.

Overall I would say it is a great option, expensive for even Mendoza but worth it if you want a special evening or just a great meal!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,043)

Reviewed 1 September 2017

This was an incredible experience. Having read mixed and mediocre reviews, I was worried that 1884 would not be a great experience, but was quickly proven quite wrong. Not only was the service excellent, but the food is tremendous. The goat cheese with charcoal grilled vegetables is an excellent appetizer, the ravioli are really great, and the milanesa de carne was arguably the best I've had, period -- and I've had endless milanesas. Don't miss this restaurant.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

The place is very beautiful in an old wine cellar. The main hall is imposing and the staff is numerous, elegant and attentive. However, I ordered a "ojo de bife" as a main course and it was full of fat and nerves. Practically I only ate 30% of the meat. It was a disappointing experience!

1  Thank CCTA65
Reviewed 14 August 2017

In our case the service was perfect. We have been sharing some moments with the guys outside working in the Asadores" who kindly described a little bit their work. The food was very well prepared and the desserts surprising as well. For sure is a very expensive place necertheless it was a great experience for a delicious night.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Great experience and service. We went in a group of 6 and had a very good dinner. The seven hours lamb was particularly outstanding. A complete wine selection is also a highlight. Is not a cheap place, but it a fair price for the whole experience.