All reviewshot water bottlesdrawing roomhonesty barwedding receptionglamping tentsdelicious foodthe barnnew friendswedding venueopen firepre dinner drinksfishing triplively conversationmemorable stayhigh expectationslittle toucheswonderful christmas
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I had heard of Ballyvolane House and got a voucher to stay there with my wife for one night , B AND B .+ Evening meal . What an amazing place, on arrival we had coffee and went and explored the amazing grounds and gardens . Our room was one of six in total , no locks on the doors , all trust ! It was full of antiques . It was like being a guest in an 19 th century stately home ! We went down for dinner ,,,, no bartender just the “honesty bar” . Bertha’s Revenge “ gin is distilled here and was just delicious . Dinner was amazing as all 12 ‘guests ‘ sat around same table food and chat was unique !! . All in all a UNIQUE time
We will return .

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Justybusty, Owner at Ballyvolane House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Thank you very much for staying and for the lovely review. I am glad you enjoyed the house-party vibe and the chat around the communal dining table at dinner. I am also always delighted to receive such great feedback about our gin, Bertha's Revenge.

Thanks again, we enjoyed having you here and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Ballyvolane House is one of those very special hidden gems. Situated just 30mins from Cork city nestled in stunning gardens and quiet countryside. The perfect location for a weekend retreat or special event. Proprietors Justin and Jenny are the perfect hosts - attention to detail paramount, attentive and thoughtful but not intrusive. The property has 6 bedrooms in the main house and has optional (very glam!) glamping tents and a semi permanent 'arc' bedroom. There is a stunning dining room and lounge and also a large function room in the grounds and superb on site catering if required. Very close to the village of Rathcormac where there are local amenities such as supermarket, garage, pubs etc (but I guarantee you will not wish or need to go anywhere!!). If you are thinking of a bigger event there are some very nice accommodation options close by and Jenny & Justin can advise and assist. All the rooms in the main house are lovely. Tastefully decorated and comfortable - all ensuite. Ballyvolane House also has a micro distillery and produces the delightful Bertha's Revenge gin! I cannot recommend highly enough. Enjoy!

Stayed: June 2018
Justybusty, Owner at Ballyvolane House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Sarah L,

Thank you very much indeed for staying with us and for the wonderful review. I am delighted you had a great time and I will share your kind feedback with all the team. Glad you enjoyed Bertha tipples too. Many thanks again and please come and see us again soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

A 2 day fishing trip on The Blackwater in Cork found me staying In Ballyvolane.
Think Downtown Abbey and The Irish RM.
Run by husband and wife team Justin and Jenny, this hotel was a total delight.
Eccentric but excellent on every level, the house is situated in beautiful gardens off the beaten track and is well worth the trip.
Very comfortable rooms, good, hearty food and very helpful staff including Emma, Debbie and the sublime GM Ewan who helped me get a proper pint!!
My only gripe would be the lack of a proper bar where draught beer is served.
Other than that terrific place and lovely people and lots of cute dogs.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Conor N
Justybusty, Owner at Ballyvolane House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Thank you very much for staying with us and for the review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and I will pass on your kind words to Emma, Debbie and Ewan.

We would love to have draught beer in the house but we only offer bottled beer as with only six bedrooms, the consumption of draught beer would not be sufficient to justify a tap in the house and it would be impossible to keep the beer fresh. I'm glad Ewan sorted you out with a proper pint from the barn which is where we hold weddings and events and where we do have a selection of draught beers on tap.

Many thanks again for your support and we enjoyed having you here. Please come and see us again soon.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

My granddaughter gave me a overnight stay in Ballyvolane House with my daughter & herself. A bit dubious about it as I had never heard of Ballyvolane House. What an eye opener it’s like going back in time but with all the 2018 extras. We had a lovely walk in the grounds to work up a appetite. We shared a beautiful table with a very interesting couple. This was by choice you can dine alone or whatever. Our food was simple but cooked to perfection served by friendly staff. After dinner we retired to the open fire in the drawing room & availed of the honesty bar. Our host was exceptionaly friendly. So I hope you are lucky enough to visit Ballyvolane House.

Stayed: January 2018
1  Thank Alyne H
Justybusty, Owner at Ballyvolane House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your wonderful review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at Ballyvolane House and I will share you kind comments with all the team here.

Many thanks again and please come and see us again soon.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

We stayed overnight. The room was charming, with very comfortable pillow top mattress on the bed and not only tea and coffee, but homemade cordial and biscuits. Opening the curtains next morning onto the sunny back garden was just fantastic. A unique feature are the dogs who happily accompany you on walks of the grounds, obligingly retrieving sticks in a way my own dog would never do! Breakfast in the dining room was a delight and the staff are exceptionally welcoming. We decided to book my daughter's wedding reception there on the strength of our visit, so definitely happy to recommend.

Stayed: September 2017
Justybusty, Owner at Ballyvolane House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Thank you very much for staying with us and for the review. We are delighted you had a great time and enjoyed the welcome from both the two-legged and four-legged hosts! I will share your kind comments with all the team here.

We are especially pleased to be hosting your daughter's wedding here and we are looking forward to welcoming you and your guests to Ballyvolane House next summer.

Many thanks again!