Review Highlights
Great afternoon out

Very interesting and enjoyable afternoon. Denis was a great guide and my 2 grandchildren aged 9... read more

Reviewed 26 August 2020
Traveler30440379084
Brilliant day out.

Really friendly and informative, a brilliant day out. We had two teenagers with us and they were... read more

Reviewed 27 July 2020
mrs_sun
derbyshire
via mobile

All reviews mussels enjoyable afternoon denis quinn seals
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 July 2019

An amazing 3h walking tour through Killala bay. Denis, our tour guide, showed us the animals (worms, birds and even seals!) and we've learned, how to search for different kinds of mussels. Very friendly and with a huge impact of knowledge about history and environment. A must see!

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank 89,723,963
Reviewed 25 February 2019 via mobile

We spent the afternoon with Denis in the company of four kids from four to eight and we all loved it. It was a lovely afternoon which helped of course but Denis was knowledgeable patient and very interesting and was very happy to share all he knew about the beach the island and the local history as well as how to sustainably collect shellfish. The kids loved walking across to bartra Island and seeing the fairy tree and the house but I think the highlight was collecting the mussels and the cockles. An absolutely brilliant afternoon and we will be doing it again. I cannot recommend it enough that you try this. You will enjoy it.

Date of experience: February 2019
Denis Q, Owner at Wild Atlantic Cultural Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2019

Thanks Patsy, It was a great day, they are all lovely kids and they seem to have had a ball !
hope to see you again . Denis

Reviewed 7 October 2018

Sometimes I have to admit that I have some really good ideas and organising a visit to Bartra Island with Denis Quinn during my stay at Killala is on the list of my best ones to date! We made the trip out to Bartra Island at low tide around 1pm on a Sunday and spent the afternoon exploring the ruined Kirkwood family home, the "fairy" trees, the seaweed beds and the surrounding islets off the bank of the river Moy where we could discreetly watch all the bird and animal life that call this beautiful, peaceful place "home". My bonus at the end of our trip was a visit to the nearby 15th century Rosserk Friary. There is so much to see in north Mayo and having Denis as a knowledgeable, friendly guide on the local history, but also the flora and fauna was a real treat for me, thanks Denis!

Date of experience: September 2018
Denis Q, Owner at Wild Atlantic Cultural Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Thanks Sarah, it was a pleasure. You're right, there is so much to see and do around north Mayo. hopefully you will be back again.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

Six of us were in Ireland to celebrate my parents' 60th wedding anniversary, and we spent a day with Denis exploring north County Mayo. It was a blustery, rainy October day, more typically suited for reading by the fire, but we all returned from our outing with Denis with smiles, ruddy cheeks and newfound knowledge about the history and culture of this remarkable area. We chewed on seaweed, toured an inspiring art center, explored timeless ruins, and viewed the churning sea from atop dramatic cliffs. Very memorable. Thank you, Denis!

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank BainbridgeTravelerz
Reviewed 28 June 2017

Myself and my boyfriend (now fiance) went to Kilalla for a weekend and had such an amazing time and it was all down to the help of a pure gentleman-Denis Quinn. He took us to a beautiful, remote spot where my boyfriend got down on one knee and popped the question!! It had all been arranged for weeks and Denis even carried champagne the whole way to help us celebrate! He is such a lovely person and knows the area so well and is just a pleasure to spend a day with. We will definitely be back and next time do the foraging tour. Thanks Denis for making a big day so special.

Date of experience: June 2017