Review Highlights
Great afternoon out

Very interesting and enjoyable afternoon. Denis was a great guide and my 2 grandchildren aged 9... read more

Reviewed 26 August 2020
Traveler30440379084
Brilliant day out.

Really friendly and informative, a brilliant day out. We had two teenagers with us and they were... read more

Reviewed 27 July 2020
mrs_sun
derbyshire
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 November 2016

If you wish to understand the history, habitat and legends of County Mayo, take a trip with Denis Quinn!!

Denis will show you sights you would never understand without someone like him explaining them all to you!! Truly a magical experience!!!

My only regret Denis, is that we did not spend more time with you!!! Your knowledge made the time we spent together seem to go by way too quickly!!

Would recommend that anyone wishing to understand the land and the people -- spend at least one full day with Denis or, maybe even two!!!

Thanks so much Denis!! Hoping to get back one day and have you show us more of "your" Ireland!! I promise I won't try to chase anymore runaway tissues over the cliff again!! :-))

Date of experience: September 2016
1  Thank Sheila M
Reviewed 14 September 2016

My girlfriend and I went on a foraging tour with Denis in Killala and it was wicked!

Denis took us out onto one the most remote and rugged islands just off of Killala, which is only accessible during certain weeks of the month. The island is uninhabited, with only a single man-made structure in existence - if you want to get close to rugged nature this is a great spot to do so.

Denis's knowledge of the wildlife is unbelievable. He led us to forage mussels, cockles, samphire and many other ingredients, all of which we cooked that evening for dinner.

At one point we ascended a slope in the terrain only to come across a pair of seals and their pup on the other side, only about 30 meters away.

It's such a cool experience sustaining yourself with food you have foraged with your own hands, I would recommend it to anyone.

Really great and unique experience with a great, friendly host.

Date of experience: September 2016
2  Thank JoeB2822
Reviewed 8 August 2016

We had a fantastic day with Derek as he led us out to Bartra island. He has a great knowledge of the habitat, history and geography of the area , which he imparts so interestingly. Equally good for adults and children. We were close up to the seals. As a result of the fruitful foraging we had a feast of cockels, mussels and samphire that evening. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank Blocker132
Reviewed 29 July 2016

Denis showed me his Ireland: The little flowers fighting with the rough habitat, the animals that live happily on one of the most beautiful spots on earth, the massive cliffs, monuments, cultural and spiritual sights and trails..

Thank you so much for sharing what can hardly be seen as a 'normal' tourist, Denis.
You made my journey really special!

Date of experience: July 2016
1  Thank deliaa203
Reviewed 23 March 2016

A field trip with relaxed and froendly Denis Quinn means you can experence this ancient and rugged coast up close and personal. You only see 10% of the place from the car window but where do you go if you've never been here before? Denis is the man who knows. I DO live here and I took a trip and even I was amazed at what you see once you get off the road. Now I try to book Denis every time I have visitors and they are never disappointed. Spectacular views, hidden ancient structures older than Stonehenge or the pyramids. Cliff views that steal your breath away and secret beaches no one knows about. And he's an expert on the flora and fauna too, I even learned something about lichens!! Absolutely recommended - and by the end of it you'll have made a new friend too.

Date of experience: March 2016