Review Highlights
Great afternoon out

Very interesting and enjoyable afternoon. Denis was a great guide and my 2 grandchildren aged 9... read more

Reviewed 26 August 2020
Traveler30440379084
Brilliant day out.

Really friendly and informative, a brilliant day out. We had two teenagers with us and they were... read more

Reviewed 27 July 2020
mrs_sun
derbyshire
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 August 2015 via mobile

My wife and I took a tour with Denis and Una along the coast near Ballinaboy. The views were fabulous and the history lesson was very interesting. We swam in the warm Atlantic water, which was a pleasant surprise before they took us to a nice old pub to top off a great day.
I would highly recommend Denis for a tour in the Killala area, he had a vast array of knowledge on the area. We will be back.
Brendan from Monaghan

Date of experience: August 2015
Reviewed 13 July 2015 via mobile

Spent a very enjoyable and educational afternoon with Denis and my family last year - My two boys were totally enthralled and absolutely loved collecting the mussels and cockles (that we later cooked up for a delicious supper!). I had always wanted to learn about foraging for seafood and now feel confident that I can do this safely and responsibly. Thanks Denis! You are a wonderful guide

Reviewed 9 July 2015

As an Irish native now living abroad, I spent a very memorable day last summer with Denis, Una and their boys, exploring parts of the Wild Atlantic way. With my husband and our five year old daughter, we journeyed to places that I'd never had the pleasure to explore before. This corner of the NW of Ireland is truly special, and more majestic than the more popular tourist destinations on the west coast. Denis was the most informed tour guide I've ever had the good fortune to spend a day with. In addition to his deep knowledge of and respect for the natural landscape, he is well versed in the local flora and fauna and gleefully shared his insights and love of the ecology and history of this most mesmerizing part of Ireland. We all thoroughly enjoyed the experience and highly recommend him without hesitation!

1  Thank fmcginn2015
Reviewed 8 July 2015

Denis, the guide of the Wild Atlantic Cultural Tour, is someone passionate. He loves his country, know it very well. We made an instructive and passionate tour. We've seen most of the beautiful views which have to be seen around Killala ( Ross and Moyne abbeys, kilcummin point, Downpatrick head, ...). We made this visit with our little girl of 4. Denis was patient, show her things that could interested her.
Coming back in October 2015, we would made one more tour with Denis without hesitaion !!

3  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed 8 July 2015

My friend and I and our four boys (ranging in age from 6 to 13) spent a brilliant afternoon foraging on Bartra Island and beyond with Denis from Wild Atlantic Cultural Tours. He issued us with our foraging kit (wellies and a spoon!) and we set off over the strand. The next few hours were truly amazing, probably the most unique and enjoyable afternoon I've spent in many a long year! We saw faery trees and learned how to find and pick cockles and mussels and even got to watch some basking seals. Denis answered all our often silly questions with great patience and was a mine of information on local flora and fauna. No mean feat to keep our noisy lot interested and enthusiastic for the afternoon but Denis managed it! And the cockles and mussels were amazing for dinner that evening! Can't wait to go back to Killala to do it again! Yvonne, Co Wicklow

4  Thank Yvonne G