Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
3,426 results
All reviews sika restaurant sugar loaf lounge ritz carlton mountain view suite sugarloaf mountain beautiful hotel bathroom mirror mcgills bar sugarloaf lounge the pub the river walk walk in wardrobe afternoon tea five star hotel dressing room pure luxury star experience
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 January 2021 via mobile

We enjoyed a luxurious 2 night stay at Powerscourt Hotel Dec 22 and 23 2020. We were welcomed on arrival with festive cheer from all the staff. The foyer was beautifully decorated and we were transported immediately into the Christmas holiday spirit. Our rooms had a stunning view of manicured gardens overlooked by the Wicklow mountains. Beds were so comfortable, bathrooms spacious and toasty warm. We were in heaven! Dinner on both nights was delicious. Our first night in the Bar and the second night in the Sika restaurant. Staff were courteous and under the current Covid restrictions they were incredibly patient, pleasant and diligent. We also
enjoyed Breakfast with breathtaking views of the surrounding gardens and mountains.
One of the highlights of our stay was a 2 hour family walk through the Powerscourt Estate woods. We were transported to another time snd place and returned to the hotel totally refreshed. A swim and jacuzzi was another treat to enjoy before our delicious dinner after which we retreated to the foyer for a night cap in the sugar loaf lounge and then a family movie in our super comfortable room. Before leaving for home we walked from the hotel to the Avoca store which is in Powerscourt House (the cafe/restaurant overlooks the Powerscourt gardens), where we stocked up on last minute presents and supplies to celebrate our own Christmas Day at home. Next time we visit we’ll make time to visit the distillery and also the garden centre. Also might bring golf clubs snd play a round of golf ! Can hardly wait to visit again. We Loved our stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2020 via mobile

The highlight at Powerscourt was the food - simply fab - staff did their best within the restaurant to make this a fabulous experience and so it was . the worst was the sheer ignorance in the Golf Club - trying to pass you off with a lie just to get rid of you when you questioned the price as there were other people behind you - simply disgraceful.

COVID had a huge impact and the hotel did its level best to make all people comfortably- however when it came to the spa this did not work - trying to get a booking was impossible and the staff on the desk were not good enough - couldn’t explain the system simply -

The whiskey tasting did not work - you were not allowed to book and the queue went on for ever to get in - we simply gave up

We choose a balcony room - expecting a lovely view over the mountains - not so - the look at the car park was best in a very cold 3 days - balcony’s are not worth it as also it’s north facing and not worth the additional price

The rooms were very good very well cleaned - however the hand showers given the grading of the hotel could have had a lot more power in them -

There was a huge level of staff on all busy busy - the standard of staff was well trained and all friendly

To finish on a funny note - my wife asked the receptionist as to whether there was any earriing dropped in and trying to be pleasant without properly listening to the question says “ sorry I wasn’t on last night ”

Given the price we paid I would think twice at returning at Christmas though the adult kids really enjoyed it “ of course “ - the box has now been ticked

Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank keyka
Daniel O'Connor, Other at Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2021

Dear Keyka,

Thank you for sharing a review of your most recent stay with us.

While we were delighted to read that there were a number of aspects of your stay which you enjoyed, it is disappointing to read that we did not meet your overall expectations on this occasion.

Providing a relaxing and safe experience for our guests during these times is very important to our team. It is surprising to hear that this had a huge impact on the hotel as to date we have received very positive feedback relating to our protocols and the added comfort and safety this brings to our guests.

I am also concerned of your feedback relating to our Whiskey tasting experience, which was offered onsite at the hotel to our guests on Christmas day as part of our Festive Christmas Package, as we were accepting and recommending guests to pre-book this experience on arrival to the hotel.

Your kind comments relating to bedrooms, cleanliness and the standard of our staff will be shared with the team and are very rewarding to receive.

I would like to thank you once again for sharing your well rounded review of your visit to Powerscourt Hotel and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back once again.

Best regards,

Asst Operations Manager

Reviewed 21 December 2020

2* food and service in a 5* building. Perhaps covid shutdowns has had an impact but didn't live up to what I would expect at 5* or have experienced at other hotels of similar rating in ireland

2 night couple break December 2020.

Excellent
- Checkin
- The room, spacious comfortable
- Housekeeping, friendly and excellent
- Grounds
-Location
-Pool

Disappointing
- Sikka restaurant - Starters had been prepared well in advance ( goats cheese , soggy pastry) and monkfish that even my partners steak knife couldn't better - food that I would have been disappointed with in my local gastro pub. Partners steak was closer to well than medium.
- No one questioning why a full plate of food went back uneaten.( Didn't complain at the time because 1 - no one asked if it was ok and 2 I didn't think any one would care)
-seated beside the staff cutlery station, noisy , talking among them selves etc
- taking of order with tablet , server never made any eye contact.
- Non Alcoholic drink selection - Despite a huge cocktail list, which could easily be adapted to mock-tails , there was a choice of 2 0% alcohol free beers, and one gin. No NA wines by glass, ciders, etc was disappointing as pregnant and had hoped the range might be better.
- Inattentive staff, at breakfast was seated facing into glaring sunlight in the lounge, request for bacon with pancakes instead of fruit didn't happen, walking past empty coffee cups on our table no refill offers.No offer of toast at breakfast on day one, my husband ate his full irish without.
- At both breakfast and in the bar myself and other guests had to leave seats to intercept staff for additional orders or help.
- Room drinks service - Ordered a pint for my husband ( nothing for my self as the non alcoholic choices didn't appeal) couldn't get through to in room dining, reception took my order to "is that it , can i add anything to it " ? after 40 mins when it hadn't arrived i called again to check and it eventually arrived after 10 more mins.
Overall it felt like the waiting staff were poorly trained, a little out of their depth, and the food was just OK , but given the limited continental breakfast bread/pastry selection ( pre wrapped mini crossant & mini choc croissant) it was disappointing that the slight variation requestedvwas ignored.

Overall my impressions is lovely place building and location wise and perhaps we just got unlucky due to covid closures but not somewhere Id have any interest in returning to.

3  Thank Anne G
Daniel O'Connor, Other at Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2020

Dear Anne G,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. This is much appreciated and very important to us.

I am sorry to see that you did not have an entirely positive experience during your recent stay with us.

I note that we have also received your additional feedback from you, which we have responded to.

I do hope that this recent experience will not deter you from returning to stay at Powerscourt Hotel Resort & Spa in the future.

Thank you again for providing us with this valuable information.

Warm regards,

Assistant Director of Operations

Reviewed 21 December 2020 via mobile

10/10 for this amazing hotel. Christmas decorations were so festive they really added to the atmosphere at this time of year. Food delicious, beds SO comfortable and service excellent. I had a full body massage in Spa and it was best I ever had (a big ‘thank you’ to Rachael in the Spa).
Stunning location too. Can’t wait to return.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank LeinsterFamilyof4

Dear LeinsterFamilyof4,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review of your recent stay at Powerscourt Hotel.

We are delighted to read your wonderful comments relating to our food, comfort of beds, staff and of course our Christmas decorations. The team made a tremendous effort this year on bringing Christmas to Life at Powerscourt and it is very satisfying to know their hard work reflects on our guests' experience.

We hope that you enjoyed a Happy Christmas and we look forward to having the opportunity to welcoming you back in 2021.

Best regards,

Asst Operations Manager

Reviewed 20 December 2020 via mobile

The Kids and I booked a 2 night break as a surprise birthday present for my wife. We had a great time, from check in to leaving the staff could not have been any more pleasant and professional, in all areas of this magnificent hotel. The rooms were fantastic, food was wonderful, the 3 girls had a magnificent experience in the Spa whilst the 3 boys enjoyed the cycle ride around the Forest walk. We topped it off with some swimming, a visit to Powerscourt House & Gardens and a tour of the superb Powerscourt Distillery. I would highly recommend a visit to the Distillery. Overall, we had a wonderful time and look forward to returning in the future. A big thank you and Happy Christmas to all the staff who facilitated this fantastic trip during the most difficult of times.

Trip type: Travelled with family