“To the Manor born”

Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Enniskerry
Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

Gorgeous hotel for a special occasion
Fabulous grounds and an easy walk into Enniskerry village although nothing to do once you get to village.
Rooms are like small suites and the bathroom is sumptuous.
Would have given it 5 stars but no coffee maker in room only instant sachets
Have an appointment at the spa so will rate it later

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 73Sharon
Write a ReviewReviews (2,690)

Reviewed 11 December 2017

Just came back from the hotel today and I feel as relaxed as ever after my stay. Our room was very beautiful , the view from the room was breath taking to wake up to. We had dinner in the Mcgills Pub downstairs which was lovely. If you're wondering where to stay in Ireland, this is the place you won't regret it. I'm defiantly coming back next year. Thank you for a wonderful stay

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2017

My husband and I went to Powerscourt Hotel to celebrate our mini-moon, after getting married just 2 days before. Our only regret of our whole wedding is that we decided to celebrate in the Powerscourt Hotel.

I have never experienced such poor service, especially at a supposedly 5 star hotel. I have stayed in Premier Inns and received better service from staff.

We had an endless list of complaints:

- Dinner in the restaurant on the first night: we were incorrectly served sides with our mains, I told the waiter we had not ordered them but he reassured us they were complimentary from the chef. We thought this was due to our mini-moon but 2 minutes later a waiter came over, stated we had not ordered the sides and took them from our table. I can only presume he took them from us to throw them out as they should not have been served to another table. This was embarrassing and hugely disappointing for a 5 star hotel. "here is a gift.... actually you didnt pay for that gift so we are taking it back"
- Service at breakfast is very poor: some of the waiters we actually found to be incredibly rude. Despite endless requests for toast both mornings they seemed to have difficulty remembering our order. On the second day they even gave our toast, which we had to ask for 3 times, to the wrong table. On this morning there were only 2 other couples in breakfast so it was exactly hectic or difficult for, what should be a, competent waiter to get this order right. Luckily the couple dropped the toast over to us, after hearing our endless requests, as they still had a full serving of toast on their table they presumed it was ours. This only highlighted that staff don't take proper notice of guests.
- Sugar Loaf Lounge: The staff here look through guests. Both days we had to go looking for staff in order to get another drink. Nobody was looking around to ensure guests had what they needed and every so often a waitress did walk around but ignored everyone trying to wave her down.
- Room Service: Tried to order this on our second night and told the line was busy and we would get a call back in 2 mins. We waited 20 minutes before calling again and were then told the same thing at which point we complained because the staff had clearly already forgotten about us.

We had decided we would raise all of these on checking out however, not too surprisingly, we were only asked for our credit card on checking out, not one person asked us how our stay was. This is incredibly disappointing, especially as we were celebrating our mini-moon.

After staying in a number of 5 star hotels in Ireland I know that this is not the service you can expect from a 5 star, or even a 4 or 3 star. While it is a beautiful hotel I would not waste your money here. It would have been very easy to make us feel special, especially as we only just got married, but the Powerscourt Hotel really took away from that enjoyment.

Room Tip: Book a different hotel!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ciara0d
PHGuest_Relations, Senior Guest Relations Executive at Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Dear ciara0d,

Thank you for posting your feedback following your visit to us at Powerscourt Hotel.

I am very disappointed to read your review, and I sincerely apologise that we failed to meet your expectations during your stay. Please be assured that I will address all of the points outlined, and look at how we can improve going forward.

We receive many favourable reviews, therefore it is disappointing to read your comments, and I can only apologise for our failure to meet your requirements.

I do appreciate your feedback, and I hope you will reconsider returning in the future, to give us the opportunity to restore your faith in us. Please feel free to contact me directly, and I will be happy to assist.

With renewed apologies,
Samuel Vyhnanek
Senior Guest Relations Executive

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed here to begin our honeymoon, fabulous and opulent. Rooms are gorgeous, the bed is one the comfiest I’ve slept in!
Service at reception wasn’t amazing, felt we were inconveniencing them checking in!
Dinner was fabulous, friendly staff and every course was delicious, any of the fish dishes were perfectly cooked.
Breakfast; very disappointing. One of my favorite things about hotels I was excited about this one but it didn’t deliver. There was a buffet to chose from which was basic. No menu to chose from, although the waiter told us we could have different types of eggs, we had poached which were bland and watery, not what I would expect from 5 star.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mcgrub
PHGuest_Relations, Senior Guest Relations Executive at Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Dear mcgrub,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Powerscourt Hotel following your recent stay with us.

Whilst I am delighted that you enjoyed our fabulous rooms and comfiest bed, I was disappointed to learn about your perception of service at check in. Please accept my sincerest apologies for this failure to extend warm welcome at check in and also for the level of service and lack of variety of breakfast items which you received during your stay. I can assure you that your feedback will be addressed as a matter of urgency, with the relevant department managers.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope we will have the opportunity to restore your faith in our service in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
Samuel Vyhnanek
Senior Guest Relations Executive

Reviewed 8 December 2017

Enjoyed the whole experience. Great food, great service all round quality. beautiful gardens & walkways also. Great location. The famous Johnnies fox's bar is not to far away. I am looking forward to going back!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniskerry
12.6 km away
1.5 km away
Summerhill House Hotel
Summerhill House Hotel
#2 of 2 in Enniskerry

Been to Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!