“Amazing Wedding at Summerhill!!”

Summerhill House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Enniskerry
Reviewed 16 December 2016

We got married in early December at Summerhill, we had guests from all over Ireland and the UK, and mainland Europe. Every single guest was super impressed at the wedding, the fantastic welcoming staff, the food, the rooms and overall had a first class customer experience.

We (bride and groom) also stayed here in October and found everything to be of a really high standard.

Few specific mentions:
Ludo, Kasia, Emma, Nicola, Linda, Roisin - the nicest bunch of people you could meet and went out of their way to make us and our guests feel so welcome, nothing was a problem and I heard loads of lovely stories from guests in the days after the wedding about how fantastic the staff all were.

Kitchen/waiting staff - fabulous food the night before the wedding (about 30 of us stayed the night before) and the actual wedding meal was gorgeous, everyone commented on it.

Staff at breakfast the following morning made my 95 year old grandad a special breakfast that wouldnt usually be on the menu - they also were so helpful to him during his stay.

Wedding planning team - brilliant - nothing but praise for everyone involved in the wedding. We got married in the ceremony room which is a MILLION times nicer than a cold draughty church! So we had the entire wedding onsite. When we lost our kids wedding outfits 40 mins before we were due to get married, they calmly delayed the ceremony and kept the guests all watered and happy until (2 trips back to our house later!!) we managed to get the kids sorted.

The spa is fab! amazing massage by a lovely lady, a few of us used the spa and loved it.

Fair play to the really lovely guy working the residents bar, cool looking dude with dreadlocks, he didnt bat an eyelid at the loud sing song that went on till god knows what time, and he was back on duty the next day full of smiles and chat.

The best endorsement I can give Summerhill is that several of our guests have actually booked to go back for a stay in the new year, they loved it so much.

It is obviously a wedding-focused hotel so probably best to check if there is one on, if you were planning a quiet night away (as our lot were definitely NOT quiet!) but we ended up with non-wedding guests joining us in the big ballroom late at night as they could hear our (amazing) band and wanted to join in - (they obviously sought me out as the bride and asked was there any chance they could hang around which was fine by me, nice bunch of people and they bought us a drink :-)

Thank you so much to all at Summerhill for giving us the most fantastic wedding day we could have hoped for, we've had nothing but compliments from the guests about how great everything was from start to finish.

And our wedding has gone viral.....

Room Tip: The rooms in the main hotel are more traditional (and HUGE), the ones in the courtyard are more mode...
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 November 2016 via mobile

Forgot my glasses when I checked out on the second day of a two day course. Came back an hour later and asked can I call up to the room to pick them up. They said no but took my number and said they'd call. When the course was finished I waited around for half an hour but reception was deserted. I called the next day when I was informed they found my glasses but don't post! The hotel is three hours drive away so I can't just pop over. I offered to pay for postage - no problem to which they responded they'd discuss and call me back. I rang a further two times with the same response, they'd call me back. Still waiting...

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
10  Thank john c
Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

Had a lovely stay here with my family, 5 minute walk from the lovely town of enniskerry and 10 minute walk from the Powercourt gardens. The house itself is old fashioned in style but it's perfect for a nice relaxing stay. Also the spa behind the house was a nice touch.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank 195niamhc
Reviewed 26 September 2016

Don't stay overnight if a wedding is taking place there. Myself and daughters went on a much needed overnight break. However we were kept awake most of the night by loud guests from the wedding party who decided to sit outside our bedroom door laughing and shouting for ages. We rang reception and they did come down straight away and ask them to leave, however these particular guests didn't rush. Then there was constant banging of doors. Breakfast no table free and we had to sit in outside room, no tablecloth, condiments and big flower bowel still on table from wedding. On the plus side the barman was extremely pleasant and helpful even though he was there on his own. We did get a 20% reduction due to above but will never stay again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise and better view
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2016

We just stayed at this hotel for one night after coming off the Holyhead/Dublin ferry.
We stayed in one of the rooms outside of the main hotel. Although it was like a small apartment the double bedroom was very tiny. The lift that takes you down to our room level was not working, as was the air-conditioning unit in the dining room. We had to eat our evening meal jammed in the middle of a coach party. The meal was very poor and the staff were stretched to the limit.
The hotel is handy to Dublin and has a very large car park.
I booked our one night with Booking.com and just to top our poor stay we got charged twice for the meals by the Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank John G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniskerry
5.9 km away
Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
#1 of 2 in Newtown Mount Kennedy
4.6 km away
The Martello Hotel

Been to Summerhill House Hotel? Share your experiences!