We got married in early December at Summerhill, we had guests from all over Ireland and the UK, and mainland Europe. Every single guest was super impressed at the wedding, the fantastic welcoming staff, the food, the rooms and overall had a first class customer experience.
We (bride and groom) also stayed here in October and found everything to be of a really high standard.
Few specific mentions:
Ludo, Kasia, Emma, Nicola, Linda, Roisin - the nicest bunch of people you could meet and went out of their way to make us and our guests feel so welcome, nothing was a problem and I heard loads of lovely stories from guests in the days after the wedding about how fantastic the staff all were.
Kitchen/waiting staff - fabulous food the night before the wedding (about 30 of us stayed the night before) and the actual wedding meal was gorgeous, everyone commented on it.
Staff at breakfast the following morning made my 95 year old grandad a special breakfast that wouldnt usually be on the menu - they also were so helpful to him during his stay.
Wedding planning team - brilliant - nothing but praise for everyone involved in the wedding. We got married in the ceremony room which is a MILLION times nicer than a cold draughty church! So we had the entire wedding onsite. When we lost our kids wedding outfits 40 mins before we were due to get married, they calmly delayed the ceremony and kept the guests all watered and happy until (2 trips back to our house later!!) we managed to get the kids sorted.
The spa is fab! amazing massage by a lovely lady, a few of us used the spa and loved it.
Fair play to the really lovely guy working the residents bar, cool looking dude with dreadlocks, he didnt bat an eyelid at the loud sing song that went on till god knows what time, and he was back on duty the next day full of smiles and chat.
The best endorsement I can give Summerhill is that several of our guests have actually booked to go back for a stay in the new year, they loved it so much.
It is obviously a wedding-focused hotel so probably best to check if there is one on, if you were planning a quiet night away (as our lot were definitely NOT quiet!) but we ended up with non-wedding guests joining us in the big ballroom late at night as they could hear our (amazing) band and wanted to join in - (they obviously sought me out as the bride and asked was there any chance they could hang around which was fine by me, nice bunch of people and they bought us a drink :-)
Thank you so much to all at Summerhill for giving us the most fantastic wedding day we could have hoped for, we've had nothing but compliments from the guests about how great everything was from start to finish.
And our wedding has gone viral.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Summerhill House Hotel, Enniskerry offers a warm and friendly welcome it is an ideal base for activity, surrounded by beauty, the hotel offers a charming mix of old and new. Lots of local activities and attractions in this fantastic location including Powerscourt Gardens and Waterfall and so easily accessible to Dublin city centre. Rainforest Day Spa on site. Great Spa packages available. Free car parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Summerhill House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summerhill Hotel Enniskerry
- Summerhill House Hotel Enniskerry, County Wicklow, Ireland