All reviewsrainforest spasummer hill housewedding receptionwedding venuespa packagedrawing roomlovely locationpowerscourt gardenssconesmid weekwicklow mountainsirelandceremonyfiresbray
Reviewed 3 November 2016 via mobile

Forgot my glasses when I checked out on the second day of a two day course. Came back an hour later and asked can I call up to the room to pick them up. They said no but took my number and said they'd call. When the course was finished I waited around for half an hour but reception was deserted. I called the next day when I was informed they found my glasses but don't post! The hotel is three hours drive away so I can't just pop over. I offered to pay for postage - no problem to which they responded they'd discuss and call me back. I rang a further two times with the same response, they'd call me back. Still waiting...

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
10  Thank john c
Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

Had a lovely stay here with my family, 5 minute walk from the lovely town of enniskerry and 10 minute walk from the Powercourt gardens. The house itself is old fashioned in style but it's perfect for a nice relaxing stay. Also the spa behind the house was a nice touch.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank 195niamhc
Reviewed 26 September 2016

Don't stay overnight if a wedding is taking place there. Myself and daughters went on a much needed overnight break. However we were kept awake most of the night by loud guests from the wedding party who decided to sit outside our bedroom door laughing and shouting for ages. We rang reception and they did come down straight away and ask them to leave, however these particular guests didn't rush. Then there was constant banging of doors. Breakfast no table free and we had to sit in outside room, no tablecloth, condiments and big flower bowel still on table from wedding. On the plus side the barman was extremely pleasant and helpful even though he was there on his own. We did get a 20% reduction due to above but will never stay again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise and better view
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2016

We just stayed at this hotel for one night after coming off the Holyhead/Dublin ferry.
We stayed in one of the rooms outside of the main hotel. Although it was like a small apartment the double bedroom was very tiny. The lift that takes you down to our room level was not working, as was the air-conditioning unit in the dining room. We had to eat our evening meal jammed in the middle of a coach party. The meal was very poor and the staff were stretched to the limit.
The hotel is handy to Dublin and has a very large car park.
I booked our one night with Booking.com and just to top our poor stay we got charged twice for the meals by the Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank John G
Reviewed 14 September 2016

We arrived a little late but the staff were very understanding. I was unaware that the room i booked was not in the actual hotel but instead beside it in what are call courthouses. We were a little disappointed with the room, very small and stark and to add to that our TV was not working. I called reception and to be fair they came immediately, the problem could not be fixed so they kindly moved us to another room, much nicer. The bar was lovely, very quiet and breakfast was delicious with so much to choose from. I would stay in the hotel again, but not the courthouses. Friendly staff.

Room Tip: Stay in the main hotel not the courthouses!!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple