“Scrambled Eggs and Bacon - worth the trip!”
Review of Kennedy's of Enniskerry - CLOSED

Kennedy's of Enniskerry
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 25 July 2017

Ok so I'll get the negative stuff out of the way first: The menu is very limited and the owner/managers are not what you would call warm but if you can't have it all. However, the scrambled eggs on brown high quality toast with a side of bacon is absolutely Eggs-traordinary. I am not sure what they put in the scrambled eggs but the are the creamiest most delicious you will ever have. The bacon side is thin-cut, a decent portion and is served crispy, very much American-style. So if you are looking for an Irish fry, this is not your place, but for a late breakfast, it is spectacular. The coffee is also something they have put time and money into doing correctly. Their baked goods are good too.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

Stopped here for small quick lunch.
Had Ham, cheese and pickle sandwich.
Presented on first class granary bread food was excellent.
Staff were efficent friendly and very polite. No rush to get you out and when I spotted some very attractive confectionary I decided to take that and a coffee to go.
Coffee came exectly as I like it kudos to the Barrista. pastry was handed to me in a brown bag with handles that ensured pastry did not crumble.
Overall a place with a regular clientle where visitors are welcome. Quaint setting displaying excellent taste in decor as well as food. Menu is limited but perfect for me on this day.

Reviewed 9 February 2017

After visiting the Powerscourt we popped in here afterwards. A cosy café where we enjoyed a coffee, tea, scone and a huge slice of cake. Service was attentive and friendly.

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

I'm still in shock at the extremely rude treatment we received here last Sunday from Andrew one of the owners. My friend was taking me out to cheer me up after an accident & miserable hospital stint. We arrived at 3.15 for lunch & it took me a while to get seated while my friend parked as I'm on crutches & there were other customers coming & going (who all got served). We got settled & waited for service, eventually asking Andrew for a menu when none was forthcoming. We were rudely told the kitchen closed at 3.30 (it was exactly 3.30) we could easily have been told that on the way in. When we politely asked would it be possible just to get a bowl of soup we were informed that he didn't know and was too busy to find out. We asked the waitress could she find out for us but Andrew shouted over her that the kitchen was closed. We had no choice but to leave as were not even offered coffees. My friend went to get her car & I hobbled out afterwards, struggling with trying to manage the door & the crutches on the way. Andrew watched me, did not offer help or an apology for the treatment we received. We have put a lot of business through here but certainly won't be doing so in the future. It's a shame as the food is nice but it is very overpriced & it's not the first time our team has experienced rude treatment from Andrew.
We had a delicious lunch instead in the new café in Sepaside where service was exceptionally friendly & helpful & we were informed on the way in that the kitchen would be closing in 10 minutes (as is normal). We will be bringing all our business here in future.

3  Thank StevieD1969
Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

We stayed at Powerscourt Hotel, but didn't avail of the breakfast and instead went into the village the following morning.

Picturesque villiage with quaint shops and cafés. Nice place to dander about and look in the shops although opening times are definitely not planned.....I think there is a very relaxed approach from the shop owners....and why not!

We had breakfast here. The selection was good, the café was bunged, the staff were more than helpful, and most importantly the food was very good.

Recommend a call in!