“A grand cupa”

Kennedy's of Enniskerry
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 9 February 2017

After visiting the Powerscourt we popped in here afterwards. A cosy café where we enjoyed a coffee, tea, scone and a huge slice of cake. Service was attentive and friendly.

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

I'm still in shock at the extremely rude treatment we received here last Sunday from Andrew one of the owners. My friend was taking me out to cheer me up after an accident & miserable hospital stint. We arrived at 3.15 for lunch & it took me a while to get seated while my friend parked as I'm on crutches & there were other customers coming & going (who all got served). We got settled & waited for service, eventually asking Andrew for a menu when none was forthcoming. We were rudely told the kitchen closed at 3.30 (it was exactly 3.30) we could easily have been told that on the way in. When we politely asked would it be possible just to get a bowl of soup we were informed that he didn't know and was too busy to find out. We asked the waitress could she find out for us but Andrew shouted over her that the kitchen was closed. We had no choice but to leave as were not even offered coffees. My friend went to get her car & I hobbled out afterwards, struggling with trying to manage the door & the crutches on the way. Andrew watched me, did not offer help or an apology for the treatment we received. We have put a lot of business through here but certainly won't be doing so in the future. It's a shame as the food is nice but it is very overpriced & it's not the first time our team has experienced rude treatment from Andrew.
We had a delicious lunch instead in the new café in Sepaside where service was exceptionally friendly & helpful & we were informed on the way in that the kitchen would be closing in 10 minutes (as is normal). We will be bringing all our business here in future.

3  Thank StevieD1969
Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

We stayed at Powerscourt Hotel, but didn't avail of the breakfast and instead went into the village the following morning.

Picturesque villiage with quaint shops and cafés. Nice place to dander about and look in the shops although opening times are definitely not planned.....I think there is a very relaxed approach from the shop owners....and why not!

We had breakfast here. The selection was good, the café was bunged, the staff were more than helpful, and most importantly the food was very good.

Recommend a call in!

Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

We had some soup, a turkey stuffing wrap with cranberry sauce and a ploughmans with apricot preserve, all very nice.

Reviewed 26 October 2016

Such a quaint town a short distance from Powerscourt, shops, cafes and restaurants! We took a short ride from the Hotel into town quite easily