“Beautiful Galette like at home”
Review of Oh La La

Oh La La
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Ennistymon
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

I went last night for a savoury pancake and I have to say that I really enjoyed it!!! The buckwheat pancake was so light and tasty.

Being vegetarian (and fussy ;)), I asked for my own choice of toppings as well as a side salad which they happily did for me and it was gorgeous!!!

I’m from Brittany and that Galette (savoury pancake) was the real thing.

The service and the space was perfect as well - I absolutely recommend it!!!

2  Thank Tissy G

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Interesting way of serving crepes as you can see on photos. Short menu, quite tasty. Very good coffee. Nice service also.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Well worth stopping here for a quick bite. We had three savoury crepes and two sweet. We also bought traditional French cider.

Yes the crepes are brought out as they are cooked - as expected. The fillings are just right and not over flowing which suited us perfectly. Savoury menu attached!

Even if you come here just for the sweet crepes - you will not be disappointed. If you have e under 5 kids- there is even a corner full of toys and books.

A great funky place overall with great service. Thanks and glad we chances upon it.

1  Thank NewcastleFamily_11
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

We returned after 2 years here as we knew they were amazing, this time bringing my family. They had moved premises but asking in the village we found it with no problem. We asked for 4 different savoury crepes and some drinks. After 30 minutes waiting (which we thought was too long for the amount of people and orders they had), they brought the first one, 5 minutes later the second and so on. The crepes were very dry, the fillings were almost invisible and the final price was over €50. The salmon crepe had 2 half slices of salmon and a lot of lettuce on top, no wasabi creme fraiche as it says in the menu, the big one was okish but the goats cheese crepe was a joke!!! 3 little bites of cheese, uncooked spinach and very little honey. We did mentioned that everything was very cheap presented and poor fillings and we’ve been offer a coffee/cake to compensate which we refused, the only reason we went back was for the crepes. Conclusion: we are definitely not going back, we are definitely NOT RECOMMENDING IT!!! and we feel like being robbed for a poor service and even poorer food!

1  Thank Danna M
marie g, Owner at Oh La La, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

Oh la la Danna, that is some review! Well, I disagree with you. For one thing you didn’t have 2 half slices of salmon (that’s one slice by the way) but 3 slices, that’s the serving. I forgot the cream, my apologies, but you could have said it and that would have been an easy fix. You said you weren’t happy, we offered you compensation and you refused it.
Also you didn’t mention this was yesterday, Saturday of August bank holiday, at lunch time and the place was packed. So yes, you had to wait. Like everybody else in most cafes in the country.
Adieu ✌️

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

As locals this is one of our favorite spots for breakfast or lunch. The new premises are fabulous and the atmosphere is chilled and relaxed. The savory crepes (galettes) are a must with the goats cheese, spinich, honey, carmalised onions and bacon being a favourite of mine! There is something for everyone from Granny's to kids! The sweet crepes are next level , everyone needs to try one... the ultimate treat ! The coffee is also fantastic. This place can do no wrong , a must when visiting the area !!