“fantastic views,great food and service”
Review of Falls Hotel & Spa

Falls Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ennistymon
Rye, United Kingdom
“fantastic views,great food and service”
Reviewed 4 February 2012

If you find yourself in Co. Clare.Ennistymon is a great spot within 2 miles of lahinch with great beach with great surfing waves and a golf course within a short distance.Stopped in last week for lunch.Good warm food available in the bar.Great selection of home cooked food served from a carvery style unit.Food was plentifull and warm and served immediately.Service was plesant and fast.Considering the place is dead out of season clearly people know its a good stop for lunch.The place went from no one to packed within 30 min..The bar had the best views over Ennistymon with the view of the falls taking centre stage.Toilets were spotless as was the bar and extensive lobby.I can imagine in season this place heaves but still a great experience in February.

Room Tip: ask for a room with the viewof the falls
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
FallsHotel, Manager at Falls Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Hello Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you very much for the lovely review you posted this weekend. I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent lunch in our Dylan Thomas Bar and that you found the hotel spotless, the service pleasant and good and that you enjoyed the views over the river.
I hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the not too distant future.
Sales & Marketing Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Stayed here for a wedding, hotel itself beautiful and reception hall was great. Wedding food was quite poor, dry potatoes, tough meat etc. Our room was functional but very old fashioned and our shower was terrible. It definitely wasn't worth price paid. When we had checked out and were driving home we got very rude phone call from member of staff accusing us of not paying as they couldn't find our key. We had credit card receipts and offered to turn back but were told 'oh we'll figure it out'. We were never given any explanation for this and it ruined what was otherwise a nice weekend

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Bonshont
FallsHotel, Manager at Falls Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Hello TripAdvisor Member,
I’m very sorry to read your review this morning and very surprised to hear that you did not enjoy the food at the wedding. We always receive very positive feedback about the quality, flavour and standard of food that we serve at our weddings and in our bar and restaurants so I would like to get more information from you.
I see that you stayed with us back in August and since then a further 47 bedrooms were refurbished, bringing the total rooms refurbished to 120.
I would like to investigate the situation that occurred so I’d appreciate if you could contact me directly in the hotel by phone or email so I can look into the circumstances. You can contact me at sales@fallshotel.ie or by phone 065 7071004.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Cipieres, France
Reviewed 22 January 2012

We had the misfortune to book here taking a well earned break leaving two of our daughters nearby in Liscannor with my Mother. All was well till around 1.30 when the trouble started, we were woken by revellers and this went on all night, people running up and down the corridor banging on doors. When we complained nothing was done. And what is more, when we complained at the desk the next morning stating that we hoped it wouldn't happen again the following evening (we were booked for 2 nights) they had no note of our booking and they couldn't accommodate us :( Really the worst place I have ever stayed.

Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank duggiebuggie
FallsHotel, Manager at Falls Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 27 January 2012
Hello TripAdvisor Member,
I’m very sorry to hear that your night sleep was disturbed during your recent stay with us. Normally, if there is an issue with a room allocation we do our utmost to change the room as soon as possible. I’d like to investigate what happened and as I don’t have your contact details I’d really appreciate if you would contact me directly in the hotel so I can look into this further.
I would like to apologise again for the unsatisfactory stay you had. We aspire at all times to offer our guests an efficient and warm welcome, high quality food and service and a comfortable stay. I hope to hear from you soon.
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Stayed for one night, had a lovely meal in the restaurant, all the staff were friendly from reception to bar to housekeeping. Room was warm, clean and sapcious. I was sorry I could not stay a little longer, beautiful hotel in a beautiful location.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank cathj001
Hello TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you for the lovely review you posted followed your recent stay with us. I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed the food, found all the staff friendly and found your room warm, clean and spacious. I hope that we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon and thank you again for taking the time to post your review.
Cork
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I recently stayed in the Falls Hotel, along with some family members, and I must say We all had a fabulous time,. Reception staff were kind, helpful & efficient. Our room was nice, comfortable & spacious. 1st night We ate in the Thai Restaurant and we had a fabulous meal ,entertainment in the Bar afterwrds was great craic! Meal in the Main Restaurant on the 2nd night was amazing! excelent choice on Menu,One of our party had special dietry requirements and when we spoke to The Head Chef regarding this He was very helpful and recommended lots of different choices! And the food was fabulous! Thanks to all the team at the Falls Hotel, We''ll be back soon!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Elizabeth J
FallsHotel, Manager at Falls Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 12 January 2012
Hello TripAdvisor Member,
I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much with us. It’s great to hear that you found the food fabulous and that you enjoyed the craic in the Bar. I have passed your review onto all the departments in our hotel and thank you again for going to the effort of writing the review.
I hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.
Sales & Marketing Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ennistymon
6.1 km away
31.7 km away
Dromoland Castle Hotel
Dromoland Castle Hotel
#1 of 2 in Newmarket-on-Fergus

Been to Falls Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!