“Amazing seafood”

Price range: US$6 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We're a family run seafood and steak restaurant in operation since 1988. We pride ourselves in sourcing the best local seafood and steaks and serve vegetables fresh from the garden. Situated on the Wild Atlantic Way against the backdrop of Liscannor Bay, the restaurant combines stunning views with a homely atmosphere and an old-style, Irish cottage charm.
Reviewed 31 May 2017

The seafood was excellent, easily the best I've ever had. The oysters were a particular highlight for me. The staff were attentive and friendly, you never felt rushed. There was a really nice relaxed atmosphere. All in all a fantastic experience, I have already recommended Barrtra to my friends and family for when they next visit Clare.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

We found this place while in Lahinch to play golf. Although we did not have a reservation(apparently it is normally impossible to get in), after a short wait they seated us. Everything on the short menu looked great, and one of my companions ordered the "surprise"( a 5 course tasting menu), one ordered a filet and I ordered fish. We also had fresh oysters. Everything was not only delicious, but inventive and the presentations were beautiful. The wine list included a Sancerre which we ordered, and it was perfect. We are from San Francisco and are used to avant garde, foodie type places, but his was as good as anything at home and at 1/2 the cost.
Highly recommended!

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have been in Ireland a week so far...have eaten at some wonderful restaurants and haven't had a bad meal yet. Barrtra was hands down, the best meal we've ever had. I ordered the vegetarian surprise and my husband ordered the seafood surprise. Every single thing was excellent. Quaint atmosphere, impeccable service, and food like I've never had. Cannot recommend Barrtra highly enough....it is a must when in the region.

1  Thank swtravelmom1001
Reviewed 17 May 2017

I finally got to visit and eat in Barrtra Seafood restaurant last week and it was a fantastic experience. The restaurant is situated in an idyllic location overlooking Liscannor Bay and the view from our table as the sun was setting was fantastic. As I love fish, I opted for the Seafood Surprise and this 5 course meal was fantastic value. We started with Rud Beag which was a fish pate served with a mixture of leaves and mouthwatering brown and white breads (all made in the restaurant). This was followed by Scallops and Calamari which were artistically presented and tasted delicious. I can still savor the delicious accompanying sauces. Next was the Sorbet which was also delicious. The mains was Red Gernard - I had never tasted this fish before and it was absolutely delicious. Our deserts consisted of an Eton Mess, selection of cakes - (3) accompanied with ice cream. I would highly recommend this restaurant - the quality and presentation of the food (which is locally sourced) was excellent and the service was superb. Whilst a sunset view cannot be guaranteed it was a wonderful bonus on the night, but the echoes of camaraderie from the kitchen is something I don't hear too often in a restaurant and this happy Team serve well presented delicious food. I will definitely be returning to Barrtra.

1  Thank Flossie241
Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

Can't believe I am only writing this review now as I have been to Barrtra on several occasions and honestly has to be one of the best meals I have had. My family and I try to go as much as possible so every birthday, family do or special occasion we know exactly where to book. The surprise menu is a must. Rud beag of smoked salmon pate, scollops and prawns for starter, then a delicious whiskey and orange sorbet followed by monkfish and clams with the most delectable sauce and sides and finished off with a platter of desserts including chocolate brownie, gingerbread cake, eton mess with selections of ice creams and sauces. There wine list and drinks menu is as impressive. If you are ever in the west of Ireland, you need to stop here. I'm off to book another reservation.

1  Thank Tara B