All reviews drawing room honesty bar tasting menu honor bar lemon tart course dinner walked down chef matt top drawer beautiful room on arrival huge bed were greeted warmly irish experience both nights liscannor bay next morning
Reviewed 7 July 2012

My husband and I and two daughters visited Ireland last month and Moy House was the best experience of our trip. I fell in love with Ireland, and we enjoyed all of the places we visited, but Moy House was Simply the best. We stayed for just one night before traveling to Dromoland Castle where we spent our last three nights. We wished we'd done it the other way around - three nights at Moy House and one at Dromoland.

Moy House is a quiet, peaceful, retreat. It is simple yet beautiful. The setting is serene and evocative. The welcome and service are first-rate. Of all the places we visited, this one is sticking with me. Oh, and the food. Kudos to the chef. I don't know when or how - but I will be back.

Room Tip: Do consider one of the spa rooms that opens on to the lawn and ocean. Heaven!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank cellapink
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We recently stayed at Moy House for 2 nights. I can honestly say that we have never experienced service and hospitality like it. From the super comfortable bed and the smart bathroom to the delicious food and relaxed atmosphere. Nothing is too much trouble at this wonderful hotel. Make sure that you get a sea view as it is the icing on the cake.

Room Tip: sea view rooms are the best
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alice M
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Great tasting menu, warm welcome, great location on the Atlantic Ocean, very memorable

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2012

The previous two reviews of Moy house could'nt have got it more wrong. I enjoyed exceptional hospitality and true Irish warmth when I stayed. The building is an old period piece in a lovely setting and this may have some drawbacks but not if you are looking for the authentic country house. The tasting menu is a well balanced and carefully presented with real fine dining touches. Caroline could not have been more helpful to us and all the people we met were delightful. We will be back and i hope many more like us. Keep up your fine work and standards - they will be appreciate by most!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Moy House I can honestly say is the best hotel I have ever stayed in. The service was second to none, the food was amazing and I could not have asked for a more romantic place to have been proposed to.
The moment my fiance and I arrived we were warmly welcomed and given a tour of the quaint yet stylish grounds by Brid, the friendly manageress. I felt at home at once.
That afternoon we relaxed in the honesty bar that was generously decked out with a wide variety of beverages from 21 year old malts to champagne. We loved the fact that we could poor our own drinks or pop into the beautiful kitchen for an ice cold beer.
That evening we enjoyed an amazing 5 course tasting menu. As I am vegetarian the chef created an Individualised menu especially for me, It was to die for.
Breakfast on both mornings was exceptional. The dinning room has sweeping views of the Atlantic and once our bellies were full we would take a wander down the short walk to what seems like the house´s own private beach.
Our room was beautifully decorated and spotless. We had a huge comfortable bed with an elegant turn down service on both nights. On the second night, after the staff had heard we had gotten engaged, rose petals, romantic l´Occitaine and chocolate gifts were left on our bed.
Brid and the staff of Moy House were so generous and warm, I can not say enough about the place. I would highly recommend a stay in this romantic hide away. We will definitely be returning and look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple