West Coast Lodge
US$122
Vaughan Lodge(Lahinch)
US$160
Priceline
Falls Hotel & Spa(Ennistymon)
US$180
US$160
Spanish Point House(Spanish Point)
US$221
Hotel Doolin(Doolin)
Doolin House(Doolin)
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 October 2011

€20 a night you cant really complain although I was in a room with 9 others all paying that so they actually ended up getting €380 for just two nights for a pretty dingy stinky room! Sounds like this place is a licence to print money for its owners.

I was down with about 30 or so for a surfing weekend. The accomodation was suitable as it allowed us all to socialise easily and its location couldnt be better. However I would not call it "boutique"! The reception area is basically a desk squeezed into a corner. I was in a dorm room with 3 sets of bunk beds and a randomly placed doubled bed in the middle. We had one bathroom between us with a wide and powerful shower although 9 guys did make waiting a bit time consuming. If even there was another communal shower area in the building it would have helped alleviate this problem. The smell in the room was horrific, it was like my old rugby tog outs in school...stale bio and unwashed wetsuits probably best describes the dank musty smell that seemed to be seeped into all the mattresses and bed clothes.

The breakfast was a bit of a joke...toast, yoghurt and cereal. The pictures provided here of the place were clearly staged as the place looks nothing like that in reality, it is after all, just a hostel!!!! Also I was unable to access any free Wifi while there despite it being advertised.

Apart from that however I found the staff to be very pleasant and helpful and if you are on a budget itll suffice, but think I might just book into a hotel next time!

Room Tip: The small rooms looked ok from what I could see of them!
2  Thank Irishstandards
duncan3921, Manager at West Coast Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2011

hi,

sorry you did not enjoy the Lodge with regard to the smell in the room I know the room you were staying in and I will check it immediatley, I fell the rest of the review is unfair and ask readers to see our other reviews to get a fairer reflection on our facilities

Warm Regards

Duncan

Reviewed 29 September 2011

This hostel is very clean, has a great breakfast that's included in the price and the location is right in the middle of lahinch.
The staff were very nice and the bunk beds we had were grand, all though the mattress wasn't the most comfortable but the room was really clean with our own toilet for the room.
I will be back keep up the good work folks!

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 27 September 2011

This is by far the best hostel i've ever stayed in. It's clean, has large rooms, breakfast is heaps better than i've had in any other hostel.

Reviewed 18 September 2011

Had a private en suite room here for 60e a night-great value. Nice breakfast too.

Room Tip: Ask the owner if booking by phone for the best room they can offer.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This is going to be a quick review folks..

West Coast Lodge has everything you expect from staying in a well run Hostel (and a few nice little extra perks). Clean, bright, spacious, great location, nice chill out area and terrace on the roof, Duncan and staff are sound and for €25 per night you cannot fault it.