“Fantastic seafood chowder”
Review of Tasty Station

Tasty Station
Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Lahinch
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Description: Our challenge is to feed people with tasty, good portioned food for reasonable prices. Friendly and helpfull staff will fulfill your meal.
Reviewed 6 August 2016

Went into Tasty Station in Lahinch yesterday and we both had seafood chowder. It was one of the best seafood chowders I have had. Piping hot, lots of chunky fish, mussels and was seasoned perfectly. Came in large bowls, with lovely homemade brown bread. Well done to the chef.

3  Thank AnnMichelle61

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

Visited tasty station yesterday with my family from England. Was unsure at first until I saw the food coming out! It was very friendly! Had a good bit of banter with the staff about asking for scraps with fish and chips (sorry lol) they were really nice and friendly! I would definitely advise anyone to visit! And the brownies and ice cream were lovely too!!

2  Thank caroline w
Reviewed 4 August 2016

I did a review of this same place around the same time last year but back then it was called the Long Street Cafe and specialised in Tapas, beer and wine. Over the off season obviously it has changed hands, changed chef and changed menu.
The decor is much the same as is the layout. It still offers beer wine and soft drinks but the menu is much different but improved.
Six of us sat to eat recently, anxious to see if it was as good as one or two friends had mentioned.
On entering we were immediately shown to an unbooked table, yes they take bookings unlike last year. The waitresses were clean, pleasant and attentive. Water was offered as was the chance to order drinks while reading the menu. The day's specials were clearly displayed on a movable board inside and on the wall outside. We ordered, chowder, pizza , fish and chips and chicken vol u vent.
The chowder was thick on a veg and fish stock base with loads of fish pieces. brown bread served on the side. Very tasty and good value.
I had the 4 meat pizza and enjoyed same even if it was a little bland and could have done with a hint of oregano or chilli flakes.

2  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

Friendly staff and simple food done well. We were greeted and seated very quickly. The wait staff were great. It was constant but not overly busy. They still had time for a chat and a smile. The food was fresh and tasty just as the name suggests.

2  Thank CherylWoodsFay
Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

On a rainy bank holiday Monday we went to Tasty Station and what we got was very friendly and efficient service and as the name suggests Tasty food. I had Sea-bass which was perfect my wife had curry which was delicious and my 2 girls had pizza and chicken wings both of which disappeared quickly. Only open 4 months and they have is down to a T. Looking forward to seeing them again soon.

3  Thank Dcarolancrystal