“Good breakfast buffet”

Deerfields Restaurant
Price range: US$28 - US$39
Description: Deerfields Restaurant is the elegant dining room of the Inn at Dromoland. The restaurant provides a relaxing, cosy atmosphere for all of your dining requirements. At the Inn at Dromoland we aim to ensure that your dining experience is a truly enjoyable one. Using the freshest, local ingredients our menu is sure to impress you.
Reviewed 1 March 2018

Lots of choices, including cereals, cheeses, baked goods / pastries, and hot items. There are small charges for certain items (e.g., smoked salmon), but overall 12 EUR for the buffet is a good price, especially at a hotel.

Tom S, Director of Sales at Deerfields Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Thank you for your review, delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

What a lovely restaurant....spacious, bright. The staff were amazing....nothing was too much trouble. I saw them taking a large group photograph, and they were very attentive to me and my cousin.
The food was delicious....beautifully cooked, and well presented.
My brother joined us for dessert and coffee, this did not present any problems for the staff.
I will definitely eat there again when I am in the area.
Thank you for a wonderful dining experience.

1  Thank Maura B
Tom S, Director of Sales at Deerfields Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thank you very much Maura B for your wonderful review following on from your recent Dining experience with us at The Inn at Dromoland. Delighted you enjoyed your meal and the service you received and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 20 March 2017

Usually Hotels don't serve food to a restaurant standard, here was different all 3 of us dining were blown away by the quality of food served. The service was OK and the room a bit dreary but for good food I can heartily recommend this.

Tom S, Director of Sales at Deerfields Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2017

Thank you jseward1468 for taking the time to leave such wonderful feedback following on from your recent meal with us at Deerfields Restaurant.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

Had a family dinner here on Saturday evening and it was really delicious. After ordering we were offered delicious bread/bread rolls which is a lovely touch. I had bruschetta to start. It was very tasty and accompanied by one of the nicest side salads I've had in a while. OH had the antipasti plate which he said was delicious (although it was supposed to come with cheese which was omitted...not sure why). Main courses of fish & chips for me and pasta and chicken goujons for the kids were great. OH had sirloin steak which was only average...it was small and thin and looked a bit lost on the plate (the ribeye on it's way to a neighbouring table looked far more appetising!). Desserts (sticky toffee pudding, apple & berry crumble and chocolate fudge brownie for the kids were scrummy...although the mint ice cream was deemed horrible by both kids!).
Service was great. Croidh, Katie and Dylan were all really friendly and helpful.
Overall a very enjoyable meal.

Tom S, Director of Sales at Deerfields Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2017

Thank you Lipglossgal for your wonderful 5* review, I will make sure to pass on your comments and hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

I was passing here one morning quite early, around 8am. Had nothing eaten before I left home , decided to stop for a quick breakfast . Shanigans Gastro Pub , which is attached to the hotel was closed , so I checked the hotel itself. I was met at reception by a friendly receptionist , who showed me through to restaurant at the back, where breakfast was being served.
The breakfast selections and options were unreal. I settled for the usual full Irish, coffee, toast , juice. It was absolutely the best breakfast I've ever had ! Every thing cooked perfectly, no grease, quality food, set me up for the day. The staff were so polite and professional. I know I'm on a bit of a rant just for breakfast , but I was so impressed I had to write a review. Ok, at €12, it's bit steep, and you can get breakfasts elsewhere for a few euros cheaper, but at this level of quality and service you absolutely won't. Worth every penny. Keep up the good work folks

1  Thank Thebaldylad
Tom S, Director of Sales at Deerfields Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2016

Thank you Thebaldylad for your wonderful review "The Way Breakfast Should Be!" following on from your recent dining experience.
Delighted that you enjoyed your visit and hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the area.