“Honeymoon ”

Dromoland Castle Hotel
Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

What can I say, but the staff is phenomenal! Even though we were only here one night, my new bride and I will remember it forever! We had lunch in the cocktail lounge and both meals were delicious! I have noticed in other reviews people talked about how dated things were! It is an old castle that is what we expected! The history, the stories of such a place is what makes it memorable! Our breakfast in the morning was also excellent!! We are looking at returning in 3 years for my 50th! Thank you, Dromoland staff for Wonderful time!!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Mark_Nolan_GM, General Manager at Dromoland Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2016

Dear SWeyer1570

Thank you for your very kind words which I will enjoy sharing with all of the team. It gives us great encouragement to receive such positive feedback. We were delighted you chose Dromoland as part of your honeymoon vacation and it goes without saying we look forward to hopefully seeing you again for your 50th!

There are newer reviews for Dromoland Castle Hotel

Reviewed 4 November 2016

We had been here many years ago. Many fine places have gone down hill. Not Dromoland. The staff was most competent while not being snooty. In fact they could not have made us more comfortable. Our room was superb. We stay in many fine resorts, but do not always feel comfortable. Dromoland's staff and facility conveyed a relaxed, but responsive comfort.
The afternoon tea overlooking the pond and grounds was idyllic. Our only issue which we should have asked the staff for help was that the room was exceedingly hot and the windows would not stay open to alleviate the heat from the registers that we could not turn down.

Room Tip: If the room is too hot and the window won't stay open and you can't sleep, ask for help.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Point_of_View01945

We were delighted to welcome you back to Dromoland Castle and so pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. I will be sure to share your lovely feedback with all of the team. I am sorry the temperature in your room was too warm and disappointed we did not have the opportunity to help you with it to make your stay even more pleasant.

I do hope that you will return to us again in the future, we would be delighted to welcome you back.

Reviewed 4 November 2016

Service, decor, foo, grounds all exceeded expectations. When I found my room to be lacking I was escorted to a different, updated room close to traveling companions. Any request was fulfilled with enthusiasm. Terrific staff from housekeeping to management. Treat yourself to this once in a lifetime experience.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Simone L

We are delighted to learn from your lovely review that we exceeded your expectations. On behalf of the team and I thank you for choosing to stay with us at Dromoland Castle and I hope that we have the pleasure of your company again in the future.

Reviewed 3 November 2016

If i could give Dromoland 10 stars I would. Elegant, yet comfortable, this castle was amazing! From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty. The staff could not have been more helpful. My husband decided to play a round of golf and they were able to get me a last minute spa appointment. I highly recommend a massage if you have the time. The grounds are beautiful and well kept. We had dinner at the Fig restaurant. The Steak was cooked to perfection and the Fish and chips were crispy and delicious. Unfortunately we were only able to spend one night, but when we return we are definitely staying at least 2. If you are looking for something other than a typical hotel stay, this would be the place.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Mark_Nolan_GM, General Manager at Dromoland Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2016

Dear Dana B

Thank you so much for your very kind words. I am delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us and we appreciate you taking the time to share your Dromoland Experience on Trip Advisor.

I do hope that you will return to us soon, we all look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 3 November 2016

supremely elegant but with a very personal touch; we had never been to a hotel/resort that matched the overall comfort, facilities, activities, and hospitality we experienced at the Dromoland Castle. We are already planning a return trip.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear gcv

Thank you for your lovely feedback which I will enjoy sharing with all of the team. It gives us great pleasure to receive such positive feedback as it makes all our efforts worthwhile.

It is wonderful that you are already planning a return visit, we all look forward to hopefully seeing you again soon.

Mark Nolan, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newmarket-on-Fergus
0.9 km away
37.7 km away
Gregans Castle Hotel
Gregans Castle Hotel
#1 of 2 in Ballyvaughan

Been to Dromoland Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!