1,254 results
All reviews manor house lime tree restaurant golf resort upgraded to a suite elk bar lovely hotel next morning wedding venue blessington lakes the ground floor the main hotel top class living area from start to finish bar food one night stay wedding reception
Reviewed 11 February 2018

First time at the Hotel, from the moment we walked in we were greeted with friendly staff at front desk and this was the case throughout the whole stay in all areas of the hotel. We had lunch, dinner and breakfast which was fresh, tasty and good value for money. Bar staff had time to talk to everyone and have a bit of enjoyment with each other which showed they enjoyed their surroundings and place of work.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Margaret S
GMTulfarris, General Manager at Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Dear Margaret S
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found everything at Tulfarris to your liking and I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with the team whom I know will be delighted! We look forward to welcoming you back to Tulfarris in the not too distant future!

Kind Regards

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

The golf course is a nice design but absolutely saturated. I play a lot of golf over the winter and this has to be one of the worst for handling our irish weather. The fairways were extremely soft borderline unplayable. Should probably really close over the winter months. The clubhouse layout is ridiculous. Clubhouse is probably a bit of a stretch basically it's a little house where you pay and drop your card back. Then you need to find the changing room which is actually in another building about 250 yards away which also house a bar which is closed. After your shower then you have to find a bar which us open. This can be found in the main hotel, when we eventually found it we sat at a lovely fire to be told they're not serving food today. This us on a Sunday. This really capped off the day.
It seems like a place just barely running with bad management. I ould be nervous about paying years membership on the golf course unless I see improvements across the board.
In saying all that I'd imagine it's a challenging golf course in the summer.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Warrior1700
GMTulfarris, General Manager at Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Dear warrior1700
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your day out at Tulfarris Golf Club. We appreciate the feedback and we are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us. I would like to provide some observations on the points raised in your review, the weather of late has been poor with many courses closed countrywide as a result. The course has undergone considerable investment over the past two years and indeed this year and this will no doubt improve its playability going forward.
This year we are hosting two PGA events and in August 2018 Tulfarris will host the Tulfarris Masters’ Euro Pro Tour event attracting the cream of professional golfers from Ireland, UK and mainland Europe.
The Gents changing facilities for both member and visitors are clearly signposted and are located in the Manor House and dining facilities are located in the main hotel, in January and February the hotel opens at weekends only and on Sunday’s food is served in the Elk Bar until 5.00pm.
Lastly, in terms of our customer experience we greatly appreciate all who those who choose to come and play at our golf course. As you can see we have a TripAdvisor certificate of excellence as we consistently deliver a great overall experience according to TripAdvisor members. We hope that this will give you the confidence to consider visiting Tulfarris again in the future. I will pass on all your comments to the management team and we hope to see you again soon at Tulfarris.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Fantastic wedding weekend room was exceptional can't tell you the number as we will book it over the next weeks ourselves. had a wonderful time exceptional service from all staff. Wedding Reception food was amazing. Thanks to the Chefs. Never heard a bad word during our two stay.

Room tip: All rooms are great but special rooms are limited, beds are exceptionally comfy book a room with a view of GOLF COURSE.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank clairemarkey
GMTulfarris, General Manager at Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Dear clairemarkey
On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments; it really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a visit as much as you did. I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 5 February 2018

The staff were so helpful and accomodating, they upgraded one of our rooms which was really nice. I actually cannot fault the hotel, the staff or the experience. It is pricey for the average joe to stay in but most of the guests there are either golfers or wedding parties so it would be worth it to splash out and stay there a night or two for a break away. I will say you need to drive there, there is no public transport that goes near this place until you get a cab from Blessington town. I went in February but imagine summertime is a totally different atmosphere with the scenery around the venue. We are returning for a wedding next year and look forward to a longer stay there in the hotel so look forward to it.

Room tip: Request a suite if you have family, its alot more spacious
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank TrevorO116

Dear Trevor O

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 5 February 2018

we where a party of 5 celebrating a birthday, staying one night with dinner and afternoon tea.
The service was great on arrival at reception, followed by superb service at afternoon tea one of which was completely gluten free and I must say the best gluten free 'fancies' I have had.
the dinner was excellent and while I am not big on self service breakfast, it was fresh and well stocked

Room tip: go for the 2nd floor
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank jogavin60

Dear jogavin60
Many thanks for the wonderful review and for your very kind feedback therein.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Yours sincerely,