Review Highlights
A fun day with meadhbh

Had a fantastic hawk walk at the centre. the birds are stunning and well cared for. Got to hang... read more

Reviewed 19 December 2020
Conor D
via mobile
Hawk walk and owl experience

What a place to visit. Had an exceptional time on the hawk walk. Got to learn all about the boards... read more

Reviewed 20 September 2020
swimmingcatlady
via mobile

All reviews russborough house hawk walk bird of prey centre an amazing experience baby owl our tour guide perch definitely worth a visit great fun value for money birds hold handlers hawks maggie arms gent
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 March 2019

The real stars are the owl, hawks, falcons and eagles, truly amazing birds of prey. We booked the owl experience and started with an introduction to the birds from the extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastically staff, learning about each in turn. We then had time to don a handling glove and have the privilege of allowing four different owls perch on your arms and then to gently stroke their feathers or tickle under their chin. We ended our trip by flying the owl under the guidance of the staff. Bring you camera and wear sturdy shoes as you will be taking a short walk into the fields. This is an amazing experience and well worth the price tag as this is a nationally accredited centre and is working with other centres across Europe to preserve and breed some of the endangered species.

Date of experience: March 2019
2  Thank Gerry K
Reviewed 18 March 2019 via mobile

We done the owl experience and what an experience it was! First we got an in-depth tour around the extensive array of birds on display and after the tour we got to hold some of the owls which was amazing! The best part was the end when we got to fly Cupid the barn owl, I was like a child on Christmas morning! It was a great day out, very personal experience and felt very welcome to be there by all the staff. Anyone who hasn't done this experience yet I would thoroughly recommend you do it sooner rather than later.

Date of experience: February 2019
1  Thank ChewieBacca
Reviewed 14 January 2019 via mobile

After finding a piece written about this centre, we decided to pay a visit with the kids.... and oh my was it worth it! Tom was our guide and he patiently explained characters and features of the variety of birds at the centre. The kids thoroughly enjoyed the possibility of handling some of the owls (a cutie called Gitzmo would steal the show). Tom was great also as we were trying to get some pics of the experience. The centre offers different experiences from the basic to a more 1:1 with a selection of birds... The centre is in Russborough house. It was our first visit and it will definitely not be the last.

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

My partner had a charity cycle that started & finished in Russborough House. I took advantage of the spare time & visited the National Bird of Pray centre. The husband & wife duo here are so knowledgeable & friendly. I even got to take some selfies with some awesome birds.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed 14 October 2018

Three generations of the family from 1 yr to 65 yrs all got something from this very pleasant and educational visit. We were shown around by a most informative and knowledgeable guide who gave us an entertaining tour. The highlight for the children (ok and the adults ) was to hold some of the birds and then watch the hawks fly. I have lived a short distance from Russborough for many years and I'm ashamed to say it was my first visit, but it certainly won't be my last.

Date of experience: September 2018