“Trip To Remember!”

Birr Equestrian Centre
Ranked #3 of 9 things to do in Birr
More attraction details
Owner description: Birr Equestrian Centre has been catering for riders and horse enthusiasts for over thirty five years under the direction of Noel Cosgrave and his team of dedicated instructors. The centre is open 7 days a week to cater for your every need and there are a range of services from entertainment to sales and breeding. Birr Equestrian Centre is A.I.R.E. and Board Failte approved and all instructors are certified by the British Horse Society. Located in the Midlands we offer riding lessons; cross country treks and tuition; hourly, half day and full day trekking in the Slieve Bloom Mountains; trekking holidays in conjunction with local accommodation providers; pony camps and much much more! Carriage Driving, Archery, Laser Shooting and Clay Pigeon Shooting are also available on site.
Reviewed 20 February 2015

What a wonderful trip! First rate customer service and fabulous horses for fox hunting or trekking. Go to: http://tackculture.com/fox-hunting-ireland for a recap of my experience. I can't wait to go back!
Cheers!

1  Thank AML2020
Birr Equestrian C, Owner at Birr Equestrian Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2015

Thanks for your lovely review!! We can't wait to have ye back!!! :)

Reviewed 4 February 2015

Coming from Cork, we decided with my partner to stay at the Slieve bloom mountains for a gateway and at the last minute Noel agreed to pick us up from the Kinnitty castle for a 1 hour trek in the Slieve bloom mountains.
I was delighted about Noel's flexibility. The horses seemed happy and in good health on top of being a delight to ride. The scenic was fresh and beautiful!
I would recommend them to anyone who want to experience a nice trekking with nice people :)
Good luck to them and I hope to come back to them if we pass slieve bloom mountains again !

Thank you for your lovely review!! We would be delighted to have you back again soon!!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

The girls really enjoyed the 2 hour trek through the mountains and explained it as a magical experience.Their horses were very obedient and respectful.

Birr Equestrian C, Owner at Birr Equestrian Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Many thanks for your review and we hope you and your girls will be back to visit again soon!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Friendly, helpful staff helped me choose the right horse to use for a TREC competition. Although new to the sport, the horse proved fit and up to the job - with a win!

Birr Equestrian C, Owner at Birr Equestrian Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Many thanks for your kind words.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Went to Birr Equestrian Centre for a ride out last weekend. I've been to many other places before and this was one of the best. Noel and his team were so helpful and friendly. The horses seemed happy and well looked after. Myself and my cousin Kate were taken through the farm and I got to do a few canters and even some cross country jumps. We had a great time and I will definitely be back. Thanks for the great time guys! Highly recommended.