“Priceless!!”

and 1 more site!
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Birr
“Priceless!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

I've not stayed in the hotel its self but have eaten in the Bar and I must say its the most welcoming Hotel I've ever being in the reception staff are wonderfull and the bar staff are very friendly, being a student in a local College I often called in for lunch or dinner and was always greeted by name and felt I was treated more like a friend who had popped in for a visit than a customer its as if they go that one step father to make you feel at home ! I would and have recommended this to family and friends :)!! Well done Doolys

• Stayed May 2012
DoolysHotel, General Manager at Dooly's Hotel, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Dear Bubbleskye,

It is really fantastic to read your review. At Dooly's Hotel we have endeavoured to bring back the "Cead Mile Failte" into everyday life & the Hospitality Industry. We encourage our Team to be friendly, helpful & informative to all our guests and it is great to read you had such an experience. Thank you for recognising our efforts & I trust we will see you in Dooly's Hotel soon.

Dooly's Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

I haven't stayed in the hotel as I live in the town so I can't comment on the rooms but I have dined in the Emmet Restaurant on many occasions with my family and I have to say it's very good! The food is fab, the portions are generous and the service is fantastic, overall very good value for money. I think this restaurant has been a bit underestimated as it's a hotel restaurant but I would highly recomment it!

Room Tip: I can only refer to the restaurant as I have not stayed in the hotel rooms.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear Allers82,

Thank you for taking time to review our Emmet Restaurant at Dooly's Hotel. Our Head Chef has compiled an a la carte menu using the best of local ingredients & we have endeavoured to ensure our customers receive continued value for their money. Our €65 meal for 2 inclusive of a bottle of house wine has proved most popular with our customers. It is very encouraging to read your comments & I hope to see you back at Dooly's Hotel again soon.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

Great location and staff were very friendly. Stayed on a saturday night was told of possible noise from disco but was not disturbed. good nights sleep. breakfast was very good.

Room Tip: Sat night ask for room away from front.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Cjdoc,

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at Dooly's Hotel & I hope to welcome you back to Birr in the near future.

dublin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

Title says it all , give this one a miss , if you have to stay in/near Birr plenty of good b&b local and in kinitty.

Avoid this place , old dirty and cold

Staff obviously not up on importance customer service And were at times blatantly rude

• Stayed October 2011
DoolysHotel, General Manager at Dooly's Hotel, responded to this review, 4 November 2011
Dear Sir/Madam,

It is very disappointing to read your review of Dooly's Hotel. Yes, the Hotel may be old - in fact the Country's oldest Coaching Inn dating back to 1759. Our Hotel is a listed building in the centre of Georgian Birr & retains many old features. Being an old building, it can be harder to heat but as you are aware, there have been incredible fluctuations in air temperature the past few weeks with guests complaining the rooms are too warm at times. That said, we will ensure the Hotel is at an ambient temperature especially during the winter period.
Your review calls the Hotel "dirty" ... I take issue with this ... the Hotel's public areas are maintained throughout the day & deep cleaned nightly whilst the Coachouse Bar, Accommodations & Meeting Rooms are serviced daily or after each meeting in the case of meeting rooms.
Dooly's Hotel is a 3* Hotel & we pride ourselves on our customer service. I apologise if you did not receive the expected level of guest service afforded to all our customers at Dooly's Hotel. I would appreciate if you could contact me at the Hotel on 057 9120032 to further discuss your complaints.

Yours sincerely

Birr
Co. Offaly

Travellers are raving about these Birr hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

My husband and I held our wedding here 4 weeks ago . The service and focus we got from everyone from stephen , Paul , Ritchie even down to kevin was second to none . The rooms, food and service was outstanding . They allowed us a private dance in nightclub before it opened as surprise for groom, as we had met there nearly 5 years ago .

• Stayed September 2011
DoolysHotel, General Manager at Dooly's Hotel, responded to this review, 16 October 2011
Dear September,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. It is most reassuring to hear your satisfaction with every aspect of your Wedding celebration from the wedding banquet, to the service & most importantly the people who make it work - our staff. I hope you had a great Honeymoon & best wishes to you both in you life together.

Yours sincerely,

Birr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birr
0.7 km away
2.7 km away
The Ring Farmhouse
The Ring Farmhouse
#11 of 14 in Birr

Been to Dooly's Hotel? Share your experiences!