All reviewssconesbirr castlestayed heremain squareshaving gelwarmest of welcomeson arrivalhotel standardlovely roomno hesitation in recommendingcomfortable bedpubs and restaurantswould definitely stay here againb bslovely familyirish hospitalityhome from home
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

I stayed for one night in Emmet House Bed & Breakfast while on business in the area. I cannot fault it comfortable bed great breakfast cooked to order and a hostess who did everything possible to make my stay good. There was bottled water in the fridge in the landing tea coffee facilities in the bedroom. There was even hairspray and shaving gel in the bathroom. This is a really good B & B I have no hesitation in recommending it. Thank you Maureen for a lovely stay.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
emmethouse, Manager at Emmet House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely words. Delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed for just one night with my daughter as we were attending a gig locally. Great location in the centre of Birr. Clean and bright throughout. Very friendly mother and daughter team, very welcoming on arrival. Great breakfast with a good choice. Would definitely return.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for two night with a few girl friends as we were attending a drana conpetition over 2 nights in Birr Theatre and Arts Centre. We were welcomed so warmly despite a very late arrival on the Friday night. We were allocated two rooms next to each other both on the road side which I was a little nervous about but with the window closed you couldnt hear a thing, not a sound. The first thing I noticed was that I could literally eat off the floor and every surface- the room was spotless! Very modern and well finished room and beautiful crisp white linen, lovely tea and coffee facilities. The bed was so comfortable.
The breakfast both mornings was literally picture-perfect. Great choice of cereal, fruit, breads, scones and the hot food was so well presented. The lovely hostesses were the perfect balance of friendly and professional without being over-bearing at that hour of the morning!
Overall I would recommend this B&B to everyone and would definitely stay here again. Thank you for a thoroughly enjoyable stay.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Maureen is the best hostess in Ireland . The bedrooms are fabulous - everything you need and more ! The beds are very comfy and rooms are very cosy .
The breakfast was the best we have had for our whole stay in Ireland ! Beautiful fresh fruit and yummy bread and scones and the boys had a very nice Irish breakfast with the tastiest bacon !
Maureen is such a lovely person - very welcoming and friendly
Would definitely recommend staying here if you are in Birr

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were at a wedding on the 3rd of November and decided to stay here, offering a competitive price. On arrival, we were met by Evelyn and such a warm welcome we received, she couldn’t have been more helpful. The room itself was immaculate and comfortable. The ensuite was spacious and spotless, offering toiletries. It felt like a home away from home. In the morning, the breakfast was lovely and again Evelyn and Maureen were very friendly and easy to talk to. We would highly recommend to stay here if staying in Birr or nearby. The room itself felt like a hotel room and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple