All reviews west cork rose room on arrival kinsale lounge georgian glebe hostess
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel primarily because it is dog friendly but would definitwly recommend it whether or not you bring your pet.

The Good.

1. It was chosen for being dog friendly and it was. Great grounds for walks, owners who like dogs and they can stay in the room and go everywhere except the dining room. Daisy loved it.

2. The house is a beautiful old Georgian property with the rooms decorated in traditional style with lots of antiques. The grounds included great gardens with seating available and I particularly like the lavender area which had loads of bees and butterflies. A truly rural idyll and great to get away from it all.

3. The atmosphere was relaxed and the staff were very friendly and helpful and you were made to feel at home with freshly brewed tea and coffee offered on arrival with biscuits.

4. The breakfasts were an undoubted highlight. The traditional fry was availae with exceptional bacon, sausages and pudding, but there were loads of other options. I had the buttermilk pancakes with bacon and cheese which were amazing. The coffee was also excellent.

5. The rooms were comfortable with dual aspect views over the countryside. The bed was comfortable although a little narrow and everything was clean.

The Bad.

1. The location is not easy to find so use navigationnalthoigh the signal drops out; however, part of the charm is that it is away from everything and yet only a 15 minute drive to Kinsale.

2. The bathroom is a slight let down with a shower over the bath which is vivid avocado green. The water pressure is not great but that is down to the property being old.

3. There is no TV in the room but there is one in the lounge.

Overall

A really enjoyable place for a break in West Cork and the dog loved it. Looking forward to going back!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

A friend booked us into this B&B, and we had absolutely no idea what she had booked. Muchas Gracias to Clare because she scored a home run bases loaded. This old house has great rooms, great gardens, great breakfast. They even washed and dried my clothes. Our hostess Jill couldn’t have been nicer. I particularly loved all the art around the house. I could go on and on, suffice it to say that it is by far the best B&B I have ever stayed in during my long years of travel.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2018

We stayed for three nights with our large dog. The Rose Room on ground floor gave access to small sitting area and garden. Could not have been better. The breakfast was grand. The weather perfect. Would definitely stay again if we were in West Cork. Easy drive to Kinsale but away from hustle.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2017

We have been touring the Republic of Ireland for two weeks with very diverse hotels.What a wonderful find Glebe House was!Comfortable and stylish, we felt as if we were staying in Downton Abbey!! The breakfast was easily the best we had experienced in all the places we stayed. It was clean, beautiful and had everything for a great stay! Don't hesitate!! Oh and two tips for good days out in the area = COBH and DUNGAVEN.

Room Tip: We loved the indigo room!!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Monica D
Reviewed 13 September 2017

I've stayed at the Glebe House twice, and I plan to return whenever I can. It's a beautiful building with large, comfortable rooms. The public spaces are very welcoming with comfortable furniture, beautiful views, and plenty of games to entertain yourself. Breakfast is excellent and included in the room price. The Glebe Country House is one of just a handful of Irish hotels that allow dogs, and my little guy was warmly welcomed there. I found that the staff was friendly and very helpful. It's a bit of a drive, but the place is peaceful, and the drive is lovely. The gardens were a pleasant surprise. You will love staying here.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo