“Dinner with family friend”
Review of Gallagher's

Gallagher's
Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Bunratty
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: In the heart of historical Bunratty, you will find our award winning seafood restaurant "Gallaghers". With its thatched roof and old world relaxed charm, come and enjoy a spectacular candlelight dinner with family and friends. It is our attention to detail and high level of service that ensures your whole dining experience will be truly memorable.
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Came here on a recommendation of a family friend and we were not disappointed. We were created and treated like repeat customers. The food, sirloin and scallop special was cooked perfectly. Had the oysters for a starter and they were served traditional style with a half pint of Guinness, delicious. Worth going back for sure

John O, Restaurant Manager at Gallagher's, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear Richard S
Thank you for your great review, I am Delighted to see that you had such an enjoyable evening with us recently and it is great to see that you enjoyed your meals and to see that the service was excellent.
John

Reviewed 12 September 2017

This is quite simply one of the best restaurants around. My parents are regular visitors to Gallaghers and took both my husband and I there last Saturday as a birthday treat. From start to finish the service is just excellent both bar and table staff simply cannot do enough for you. We sat by the bar for a pre dinner drink and had our order taken there which meant by the time we went to our table our starters soon arrived. I had the special starter which was Hake and the trio of fish as my main which consisted of Hake, John Dorey and Seabass both dishes were absolutely excellent. My husband had the rack of lamb and it was devine. The wine list has something for everyone and I can recommend the Baileys coffee there just wasn't room for desert although if you do have room the sticky toffee pudding is without doubt the best ever. If you haven't been or indeed have not been in a while, make a booking this is a real treat.

Dear Karen
Thank you for your fantastic review, I am delighted to see that you had such a lovely evening with us celebrating your birthday,It is great to see our staff took such great care of you from the moment you arrived and right throughout the evening and i am equally delighted to see that you all thoroughly enjoyed your chosen dishes both excellent seafood and delicious meats and thatk you for recommending us to our many trip advisor readers.I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure if welcoming you back again to Gallaghers again.

John

Reviewed 31 August 2017

sick if coming here and lobster on menu yet no lobster i mean why buy 5- 8 lobsters a day guys then you are serving 200 people a day its nuts i should not have the need to pre-book LOBSTER if its on the menu please sort yourselves out also fish slightly over cooked i know my fish yes nice staff !!

2  Thank itstheblimerick
John O, Restaurant Manager at Gallagher's, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Dear itstheblimerick
Thank you for your review. When you visited Gallagher's last Saturday week the 19th of August it was a very busy evening and as i had said to you we had served a significant amount of customers already that evening and the only item not available was the lobster as many customers had chosen that item earlier that evening and if you will recall the last time you had visited us i had asked if you could request the lobster as many of our customers do when booking if that is the dish you would especially like to have and i said that was the only way i could 100% guarantee the lobster for you. We cannot cater for 200 people in one day as that number is far beyond our Restaurant capacity.125 would be the very maximum we could cater for in one evening, I would be fantastic if we were catering for 200 people per day but in reality that number would be totally unrealistic in Gallaghers as it would be impossible to give every customer the attention in service and the perfection we strive for in our Kitchen as a lot of unseen hard work goes into every dish we serve be it on Starter's or with Main Courses and of course Desserts. I Think you are being very unfair with your review as we did our very best to make your Evening as Enjoyable as Possible and giving you so much of our time despite the fact that evening being one of our busiest evenings of the summer and there is only so much we can do to please our guests so PLEASE when booking in Future can you very Politely Please request your Lobster and i will Guarantee you will have it even if i have to go and haul in the Lobster pot myself i will do that to ensure you have it.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

We had a superb meal here on our only free evening in Bunratty. The food was superb, we were not rushed, the wine was lovely and staff very helpful.
Very highly recommended.

Dear Janette S
Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review. I am Delighted to see that you had such a great dining experience with us from excellent fresh food, beautiful wines attentive and helpful service and all in our very relaxed surroundings here in Gallagher's.
Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

We are new to Ireland and was in Shannon on business. I found this eatery on here and I have to say that the food was incredible! The sticky toffee pudding was the best we had ever tasted!

Dear Jamie W
Thank you for your Excellent 5*Review, I am Delighted to see that you you had such a great dining experience with us and our Pastry chef was Delighted to see that you considered our very popular sticky toffee pudding to be the best you have ever Tasted.
Thank you again for your great feedback