All reviews cosmos tour sea view wedding venue lovely balcony lovely hotel hotel bar great weekend bar food room was spacious short walk to the beach my mum tramore bay stayed here for one night enjoyable stay mark splashworld paul
Reviewed 18 September 2018

facing the street but not noisy...walking distance to bars and restaurant on the hill and close to the tourism ofc. had a nice balcony and a view of the bay...close to the carnival rides and a bus station right across...was good for one night stay....

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
MajesticTramore, General Manager at Majestic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear srfyogi

Thank you for taking the time to review the Majestic Hotel.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

i booked into this hotel for one night in july booking two rooms. When we went into the dated bedroom, my companion felt the mattress was lumpy. She proceeded to pull back the sheet in order to put another under-sheet on to make it slightly more comfortable, on doing so it revealed that the under-sheet had not been changed and was very URINE stained, we also checked the double beds under-sheet which to was stained and unchanged.
We asked to speak to the manager whom we were told was on a two week annual leave!!!! (in peak season). the receptionist was on duty!! she proceeded to help us change the beds and advised us that the hotel was full so no other room was available. We had booked two rooms for the night but as we had a group of teenage girls in the other room we didn't check the hygiene there. My friend asked if we would be given a token as an apology. Some time later we were offered a bar voucher for E50.
I assumed that when the manager returned on Duty we would get a call. Nothing happened so I phoned and eventually got to speak to him. He was surprised and had heard nothing of what had happened and assured me it would be investigated. He was to phone me back the following week. Again I heard nothing and phoned him - I was told that we had accepted the Voucher and matter closed.
On reflection when I did get home I felt that we should not have had to pay for the room which was filthy.would never stay or recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
MajesticTramore, General Manager at Majestic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear mary m

As per our several phone conversations I would like to reiterate the following points.

When the duty manager was notified of the stained mattress protector (not sheets as stated) they immediately changed it as well as all the bed linen associated with this bed. The duty manager was not made aware of any issue with the double bed. Also may I point out there was no issue with the second room and to suggest at this stage that there was is incorrect.

I would like to correct your statement relating to my annual leave. It was 2 days mid week leave to spend with my young family, during this time the hotel was under the supervision of the Proprietors.

As compensation for your experience you were offered a €50.00 voucher as a token of our goodwill, which you readily accepted and used in the bar.

I hope this brings this matter to a close.

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

I spent a night at the Majestic Hotel last week. Its occupies a great spot overlooking the sea, and a short walk from the centre of Tramore, with parking available outside.
The staff were all very friendly, and the service was always efficient. The bar was reasonably priced and the food was excellent- I can particularly recommend the Steak Ciabatta which was fantastic and perfectly cooked.
My room was spacious, clean and airy with plenty of tea/coffee and a comfortable bed, along with a modern and clean ensuite.
All in all, just what you look for from a hotel and I would be more than happy to recommend the Majestic.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Hotel was very nice. Bathroom is small and door has a door closer on it? Not sure why? It belongs on an exterior door not an interior door. The other thing that could be better not only with this hotel. But all the hotels on our trip. Is the cable tv. The number of channels available is horrible. Granted I didn't come to Ireland to watch TV. But when we retire for the evening I like to watch a little TV.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank royrosacia
Reviewed 4 September 2018

We stayed one night as part of cosmos tour, our room being first floor facing the sea with small balcony. Beds were comfortable, room spacious enough for two of us and clean. Bathroom ok but the shower dreadful spraying water all over and grouting needing attention. No air conditioning but the window and balcony door could be opened.
The rest of the ground floor guest areas were very good, the bar having ample comfortable seating and pleasant young staff, minor gripe being the choice of music playing- Eminem - really? given that the average age of customer at the time was at least 65!
We ate in the lovely restaurant with very good waiters- our meal was very good both in the evening and breakfast. There was a large party of young teenage school girls staying on our floor but I have to say they were no bother at all and we were not disturbed, though the free Wi-fi seemed to be a problem to access and wonder if this coincided with their visit
I believe the hotel are currently revamping some of the bedrooms so perhaps our bathroom was one of those to be done, all in all though a pleasant short stay

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
MajesticTramore, General Manager at Majestic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Dear notquiteetired22

Thank you for taking the time to review the Majestic Hotel. Apologies on the music choice and thank you for bringing it to my attention. Thank you for acknowledging the waiting staff, I will pass on your kind words. The sea view rooms are scheduled for major renovations, this is due to begin shortly and will complete the renovation of all our bedrooms.

General Managert