All reviews tasting menu seafood scallops drawing room plaice lovely sitting room fresh fish fantastic meal lovely homemade top class open fire main course fabulous restaurant excellent food chowder family run brown bread
Reviewed 7 April 2017

I had a lovely big ground floor room to myself and there is also a lovely sitting room with log fire to sit and read and enjoy a G&T before dinner. Both dinner and breakfast were delicious.
Highly recommended

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 March 2017

Just returned from a lovely weekend in Ahernes. The townhouse is lovely and right in the middle of Youghal great base to explore this lovely part of the country. The staff were all extremly friendly and kind and the food was superb. The tasting menu in particular was amazing. It lasts around 3 and a half hours and each course is fantastic. Lovely fresh fish and lovely pairings with the individual wines. The avocado salsa with the scallops and the mediterranean risotto were my particular favourites. Thanks to all for a lovely weekend we will be back!

Reviewed 22 March 2017

Nothing is too much trouble for the staff at this wonderful family run boutique townhouse. We stayed here over New Year with some good friends who have been here several times. The atmosphere was great and we had a brilliant time, and laugh (with the locals, hosts and other guests). The food is top class and this is a good base to explore County Cork. I would definitely recommend this lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Balcony room
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank alanrX1388LA
Reviewed 14 March 2017

I recently booked an anniversary meal with my husband at Aherne's Restaurant and I am really delighted I did. From the minute we set foot inside the door, we received excellent service and an absolute beautiful meal. Nothing was too much bother for the staff and the meal was served to us with no drawn out delays, just perfect. The staff were attentive. I had the mussels for starter and a steak for my main course which was gorgeous. I will definitely be going back to this fabulous restaurant.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

we had not been for years but went yesterday while driving home.
we were not disappointed.
the fire was lighting and all the tables were full.we took a stool at the bar with menus for about 10 mins while the lady organised a table.
mussels to start followed by smoked salmon gratin was just fab.
my husband chowder and trio of fish ...both were delicious.
we will be back sooner rather then later..........tks