All reviews town centre easy walk to restaurants fantastic hosts stayed here central location off street parking jacuzzi bath top floor modern bathroom breakfast was freshly cooked bed and breakfast stay there again room was large yogurt breakfast was excellent first floor three nights
Reviewed 9 September 2018

The proprietor was incredibly rude, and clearly didn't understand that he is in the hospitality business. After some discussion with him, we ended up leaving and going to another nearby hotel (Walter Rally) because the prospect of staying at this location with someone like that was not something my wife and I couldn't stomach. I am glad I did that now and didn't let him spoil our visit. Quite surprising really in a friendly town like Youghal - this lack of hospitality is certainly atypical from my experience, having come to Youghal a few times year now for for around 10 years.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank luckymattman
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

It is well located ...few yards away from the Main Street on the left and on the right to the seafront. You have right away the feeling of a typical B&B, this means a lovely sizeable house turned into a welcoming sleeping establishment. My room was clean and confortable, very quiet and the bathroom was of top standard. I enjoyed the breakfast ...it usually starts at 8:00 but the lady of the house was very accommodating and allowed me eat nearly 30 minutes before.
All in all, it was an excellent experience.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Lovely place , clean and fresh , the couple who I'm assuming own the place are lovely , friendly people . A cracking fry for breakfast . Central location . Would highly recommend this place and very reasonably priced .

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2018

We loved the Avonmore. Our room was so comfy with 3 armchairs ( how few hotels have comfy chairs to sit in ) Modern bathroom. . The hosts are so helpful and breakfast was excellent. The hotel is positioned in a quiet area close to the town centre and has ample parking.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Just out of the busier town but within easy walking distance, and with its own enclosed parking area, this is the perfect spot. And the accommodation is lovely. The charm of the period House is retained but not dated. The breakfast was superb and the proprietors are lovely. A warm welcome awaited us and the gentleman of the house even chauffeured us into town as it was getting a bit late for a meal. The usual Irish warmth and interesting to chat with.

Absolutely wonderful and well worth a visit.

Date of stay: June 2018