1,567 results
All reviews courtyard room irish wolfhound main building cabra castle the cottages stone walls golf course four poster bed free standing bath wedding reception dublin airport wedding venue grounds are beautiful stayed longer wedding guests bridal suite course meal
Reviewed 19 October 2017

If you ever wanted to spend the night in a castle, this would be an excellent choice. You must understand that it is in the middle of no where. The castle was beautiful and even when we left a trail of bread crumbs, we could not find our way back to our room. Our room was gorgeous and very spacious.
Great place for a destination wedding. The food was excellent and we are glad that we were able to spend a night here.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
RomanticCastles, Manager at Cabra Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Cabra castle. I'm delighted you found your way out of the maze of corridors! I find it adds to the intrigue of the castle to get lost at least once or maybe twice on your way to the bar or restaurant and offers a chance to take in all the beautiful antiques and tapestries lining the corridors.
It really is lovely to receive such positive feedback and I hope that you will return to us again in the future.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

This authentic castle is located in the countryside with beautiful surrounding gardens. Lots of wedding are held here. Our room was up many stairs on the second floor with no elevator. The authentic stone walls complemented the four poster bed. The bathroom was totally updated and lovely. Since we were out in the middle of the countryside with no nearby restaurants, we took advantage of the castle's restaurant which is equipped to cater for weddings. The food was delicious and very high quality.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us at Cabra castle and that you found your accommodation and dining experiences pleasing. Each of our bedrooms is individually appointed and have all been refurbished in recent times. I hope that you will return to us again in the near future. Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

That being said, Cabra Castle was a fun stop for us. The sleeping room was "fit for a king" and the grounds were lovely. We even got to see the famous Wolf Hounds. Staff was a little stretched and not as cordial as most of Ireland, but the food was good and like I say that bed was a dream come true.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Cabra castle was built in 1804 as a rebuild of the original Cormay castle which was burnt down during the Cromwellian war. The style of Cabra castle is in keeping with the period in which it was built. Every effort has been made to enhance the original features whilst offering all the modern comforts that our guests have come to expect.
Being a rural hotel, the level of business on any given day can be unpredictable with some days being a little busier than others. I'm sure our staff on the day offered the best possible service they could have and my sincere apologies if they did not come across as being as friendly as they are renowned to be.
I hope that should you return to Ireland or travel this part of Ireland again in the future you will revisit us at Cabra Castle.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 1 night in late September- I wish we had been able to stay longer. The staff was very pleasant and attentive. We arrived mid morning with a large tour group and not surprisingly, our rooms were not ready. We were weary having flown all night. They made us as comfortable as possible on couches in the common areas and served as much hot tea & coffee as we wanted, while they worked hard to ready our rooms as quickly as possible. I think we were in our room by noon. Ours was located in the courtyard area which was a short walk from the main building- a pretty walk at that. The room was spacious and well appointed. I knew it was an old castle and was concerned how modern the amenities would be- I was pleased to see they are current (although the hot and cold faucets are separate. That was interesting- we soon discovered that to be the norm in most of the places we stayed over the next 2 weeks). The interior of the castle was old and beautifully well maintained. It was fun to explore the hallways, public rooms and narrow staircases. Our dinner menu had limited selections because it was pre fixed for the group. Breakfast was also served in the morning before we left. Overall the food was good and the servers were very polite and professional. My favorite part of the property though was - the spectacular grounds. They were well manicured and absolutely beautiful!! I don't think my pictures do it justice. There is a golf course on site and was available for use had we been interested. I thoroughly enjoyed sitting outside on one of the patios enjoying a glass of wine with family & friends. We were surrounded by hedges, gardens, statues and containers potted with flowers. There was ample seating for all. The Irish wolfhounds also made an appearance, they were friendly and meandered throughout.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Cabra castle. I'm thrilled that the Irish weather was nice enough for you to enjoy a glass of wine on the patio and take in the beautiful surroundings that we are fortunate enough to be privy to. I'm delighted our accommodation met with your requirements and you found it modern enough yet in keeping with the style of a castle and that you enjoyed your dining experiences with us.
Should you travel Ireland again in the future, I hope you will re visit us at Cabra castle.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

The staff are all very helpful and pleasant. They went over and above for our anniversary. The Hotel Restaurant was exceptional - great food and wonderful staff. Very warm and inviting. The Pub was fun as well and had a good menu.

Room Tip: Stay in a Castle Room if possible.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Many happy returns on your anniversary, I'm delighted you chose to celebrate with us at Cabra castle and thank you for taking the time to review your time with us. I hope you will choose Cabra castle for your celebrations in the future. we look forward to welcoming you.