“We stayed 3 Nights ”

Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cavan
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Fantastic hotel, Fantastic location, Fantastic facility's and good consistent tasty Food

Why did I give only 4 **** the service and attitude of the bar staff in the cellar bar was extremely unprofessional. I feel the team where lacking experience or lacking an experienced leader... we had issues in regards to where the smoking aria was in cellar bar been informed by 2 staff members it was closed to find out it was open.. we received 3 expresso martinis as the server placed them in front of us we asked for a forth expresso martini. His reply was " No I'm not making any more" why? Because Iv just turned off the coffee machine. Now form experience my self experience here is no way it would have been cleaned or cooled down by that stage. There where a few similar Issues like that & We felt a littel let down with the costumer service as my self and all my friends invested an extreme amount of money in enjoying our selfs that weekend.

This establishment could be perfect one of the best in the contrary if the staff just focussed a littel bit more on costumer service and satisfaction.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Bridie M, Guest Relations at Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear travilingfoodie

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review. Thank you for the lovely feedback and I am glad that overall, you enjoyed your visit.

Thank you also for your feedback in relation to our Wine Goose Cellar Bar, which I have passed to our Bar Manager and apologies for any disappointment caused.

I do hope that we may have the chance of welcoming you back to Farnham Estate sometime soon.

Guest Relations

Write a ReviewReviews (2,980)

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We stayed here for 2 days in early October, it wasn't our first time staying here but each time we do stay the result is always the same, we leave fully relaxed and ready to face reality again.
I could not fault the hotel in anyway, all of the staff we dealt with were 100% professional and went out of their way to accommodate us.

Room Tip: Let the hotel know if there is a special occasion as they surprised us with champers and chocolates...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Bridie M, Guest Relations at Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Paul K

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review. Great to read that you enjoyed another visit with us here at Farnham Estate. Thank you for the lovely comments, which I have shared with the team and which we really appreciate.

I do hope we may have the chance of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed on the 28th of September on what I think was called the romantic package and I upgraded the room which was an amazing choice. As parents to 5 children and both working full time my husband is self employed and runs a cafe in Virginia and 7 years ago I decided my vocation in life was about to completely change and I commenced in Cavan institute and then a university to study nursing. Whilst doing this We got married and amongst the usual my final and no 5th child arrived . Earlier this year we took a week off to Lanzarote but both commented that our night with yourselves was far superior, relaxing and was so from minute to end with yourselves. My only regret was not booking a 2nd night. As a busy family and having upgraded the room as a surprise to the hubby, we sat and watched tv in a separate area to the bedroom (no fighting over Mickey Mouse or a another) all whilst enjoying an awaiting bottle of iced cold prosecco so nice we ordered another. The fire wasn't working after a phone call, a gentleman arrived and it was fixed in two minutes.
I was gifted with products to enjoy a bath and enjoyed a very very seldom bath ( it's normally a in and out shower with an audience of a young child)
We had dinner at 20:30 that ended up rushing everything leaving us wish we had the first night to relax and unwind and possibly order room service and the next night to go out.
Everyone was perfect, impressed beyond belief with staff, services, food, drink, value for money and the room we were in was beautiful as I said. Might go on a Monday and Tuesday the next time as a wedding was arriving and it was becoming quite busy.
Well done and cannot wait to see you soon.
Danielle Hearns

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Dcph83

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review. We are delighted to read that you and your husband enjoyed your visit so much and we really appreciate the lovely comments, which I have shared with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Farnham Estate sometime soon.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here for 2 nights 11-13th of October to celebrate my boyfriends birthday and our anniversary. I contacted the hotel before we arrived to say it was my boyfriends birthday too see if they had any recommendations during our stay. When we arrived we had been upgraded to a beautiful room with an amazing view of the outdoor pool (which is gorgeous at night) and the hotel also had left a birthday card for my boyfriend on the bed.
We went for dinner on the first night to the Botanica Restaurant. The food was top class and the waitress at our table was lovely.
On Thursday we went for a lovely forest walk around the grounds of the hotel and then spend the afternoon in the pool & mint thermal suite which was very relaxing.
That evening we went for dinner in the wild goose bar at the hotel and again the food was beautiful.
I couldn’t fault one thing about our stay everything was top class and a must for a relaxing break away which is exactly what we had.
Can’t wait for our next visit.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear MeganGorman

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to celebrate your boyfriends birthday and your anniversary and glad that the team made it special for you.

Great to read that you can't wait for your next visit and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Farnham Estate.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Just back from a lovely stay at this hotel. We stayed Monday 8th Oct. Nice comfortable room. We ate in Cellar bar. Tasty food. Staff could have been a little more friendly. On the Tuesday morning we decided we just couldn't leave so booked another night. The pool area is amazing. So relaxing. It really makes it special. Breakfast both mornings was exceptional. We were greeted by a friendly smile both mornings. I would recommend to anyone and will definitely be back for a relaxing visit.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Bridie M, Guest Relations at Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Dear eg86

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your visit. Thanks so much for the lovely comments, which I have shared with the team and which we really appreciate.

I do hope that we may have the chance of welcoming you back to Farnham Estate again soon for another relaxing visit.

Guest Relations

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cavan
14.7 km away
20.7 km away
Errigal Country House Hotel
20.7 km away
Crover House Hotel & Golf Club

Been to Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!