3,284 results
All reviews cellar bar farnham estate outdoor pool botanica restaurant car park shuttle bus thermal suite old house relaxing break main restaurant afternoon tea lovely hotel set menu walking trails standard room steak top class
Reviewed 16 October 2017

We stayed here for 2 days in early October, it wasn't our first time staying here but each time we do stay the result is always the same, we leave fully relaxed and ready to face reality again.
I could not fault the hotel in anyway, all of the staff we dealt with were 100% professional and went out of their way to accommodate us.

Room tip: Let the hotel know if there is a special occasion as they surprised us with champers and chocolates in the restaurant after our meal :)
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Bridie M, Guest Relations at Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Paul K

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review. Great to read that you enjoyed another visit with us here at Farnham Estate. Thank you for the lovely comments, which I have shared with the team and which we really appreciate.

I do hope we may have the chance of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed on the 28th of September on what I think was called the romantic package and I upgraded the room which was an amazing choice. As parents to 5 children and both working full time my husband is self employed and runs a cafe in Virginia and 7 years ago I decided my vocation in life was about to completely change and I commenced in Cavan institute and then a university to study nursing. Whilst doing this We got married and amongst the usual my final and no 5th child arrived . Earlier this year we took a week off to Lanzarote but both commented that our night with yourselves was far superior, relaxing and was so from minute to end with yourselves. My only regret was not booking a 2nd night. As a busy family and having upgraded the room as a surprise to the hubby, we sat and watched tv in a separate area to the bedroom (no fighting over Mickey Mouse or a another) all whilst enjoying an awaiting bottle of iced cold prosecco so nice we ordered another. The fire wasn't working after a phone call, a gentleman arrived and it was fixed in two minutes.
I was gifted with products to enjoy a bath and enjoyed a very very seldom bath ( it's normally a in and out shower with an audience of a young child)
We had dinner at 20:30 that ended up rushing everything leaving us wish we had the first night to relax and unwind and possibly order room service and the next night to go out.
Everyone was perfect, impressed beyond belief with staff, services, food, drink, value for money and the room we were in was beautiful as I said. Might go on a Monday and Tuesday the next time as a wedding was arriving and it was becoming quite busy.
Well done and cannot wait to see you soon.
Danielle Hearns

Date of stay: September 2017

Dear Dcph83

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review. We are delighted to read that you and your husband enjoyed your visit so much and we really appreciate the lovely comments, which I have shared with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Farnham Estate sometime soon.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here for 2 nights 11-13th of October to celebrate my boyfriends birthday and our anniversary. I contacted the hotel before we arrived to say it was my boyfriends birthday too see if they had any recommendations during our stay. When we arrived we had been upgraded to a beautiful room with an amazing view of the outdoor pool (which is gorgeous at night) and the hotel also had left a birthday card for my boyfriend on the bed.
We went for dinner on the first night to the Botanica Restaurant. The food was top class and the waitress at our table was lovely.
On Thursday we went for a lovely forest walk around the grounds of the hotel and then spend the afternoon in the pool & mint thermal suite which was very relaxing.
That evening we went for dinner in the wild goose bar at the hotel and again the food was beautiful.
I couldn’t fault one thing about our stay everything was top class and a must for a relaxing break away which is exactly what we had.
Can’t wait for our next visit.

Dear MeganGorman

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to celebrate your boyfriends birthday and your anniversary and glad that the team made it special for you.

Great to read that you can't wait for your next visit and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Farnham Estate.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Just back from a lovely stay at this hotel. We stayed Monday 8th Oct. Nice comfortable room. We ate in Cellar bar. Tasty food. Staff could have been a little more friendly. On the Tuesday morning we decided we just couldn't leave so booked another night. The pool area is amazing. So relaxing. It really makes it special. Breakfast both mornings was exceptional. We were greeted by a friendly smile both mornings. I would recommend to anyone and will definitely be back for a relaxing visit.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Bridie M, Guest Relations at Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Dear eg86

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your visit. Thanks so much for the lovely comments, which I have shared with the team and which we really appreciate.

I do hope that we may have the chance of welcoming you back to Farnham Estate again soon for another relaxing visit.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Sheer bliss from the moment we walked through the door we were met with a warm and friendly welcome from a fantastic young lady on the front desk called Lauren, booked us in within moments and made us feel relaxed straight away. Room was lovely and clean, very impressed.
We had a drink in the lobby, we had been served by a polite and helpful lady, Simona, was nice to be able to sit back in such beautiful and peaceful surroundings and enjoy it as we are new parents and this was our reason for our trip.
We then made use of the pool facilities, outdoor pool is amazing, word of thanks to marzena in the spa, very friendly and polite.
We ate in the cellar bar, surroundings, once again was beautiful, served by Neal, such a nice man, recommended a red wine, which is now my new favourite.
Highly recommend "the beef cheek".

Breakfast was nice and fresh, poached eggs to order which is a bonus, and a huge variety of everything.
Most definitely be back!
Thank you to all at farnham estate for such an enjoyable experience, especially Lauren, Simona, Marzena & Neal.

1  Thank Órlaith O

Dear Orlaith O

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review. Delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us and thank you so much for the lovely comments, especially regarding Lauren Simona, Marzena and Neal, who are very valued members of our team.

Great to read that you intend returning and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Farnham Estate.