See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 December 2017

Stayed last Friday 08/12/2017. Arrived on a bitterly cold day and was looking forward to getting into a warm room. Unfortunately the heating was not on in the room so we had to turn it on ourselves. It took ages for the room to warm up and we kept on out coats and hats while we were waiting. The Wifi is not open and you have to enter a password. This was not mentioned to us on checking in. When we went downstairs to the bar later we had to ask the girl working there, then we realized it was written on our room key. Even after all of that, the wifi was pathetic. Constantly freezing and not connecting properly. Probably the worst of all the issues we had was there was no hot water. When we told the girl behind the bar (reception closed) she said that we were wrong and that we should have left the water run for 5 minutes and that then it would work. I've never heard anything like it before and I hope I will never hear anything like it again. There was no apology or embarrassment. The customer service only served to make the issue worse. This establishment is not quite Fawlty Towers but it isn't very far off of it.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SeanD2345
Deirdre H, Owner at Myles Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Hi Sean D.

We are sorry you did not have an enjoyable stay with us . In general we have the heating on in rooms when pre booked for guests and have not had a complaint about the rooms not heating up quickly.

WIFI is an ongoing problem in Kilkee we apologise for this . If you had a problem with the hot water i can only say a new pump has been fitted. to improve the hot water supply to rooms.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 21 August 2017

I fully accept that when you stay in a B&B on the main street of a busy town that noise can be expected, so I asked when we arrived if our room was overlooking the main street. I was informed that the room was at the back of the building which I assumed would be quieter.

I arrived back to our room at approximately 10pm intending on getting an early night. I was horrified to discover that the bedroom was actually overlooking a marquee where live music was being played, which was later followed by a nightclub until at least 2am. There was an extremely powerful sound system pounding out music essentially outside the bedroom window. Clearly no sleep was to be had.

I cannot believe that an establishment would allow guests to pay for rooms with that level of noise outside the window. I understand that this is outside the control of Myles Creek, however, guests should be notified of this so they can make an informed decision as to whether to stay there. Outrageous.

Do not stay here if you intend on getting sleep before 2.30am. However, if you will be out socializing and sleep is not a priority, then it's an ok place to stay. Basic and dated but clean and breakfast was fine.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Suzanne H,

We are sorry you were upset by the music keeping you awake.

Kilkee is a seaside town , August is the busiest month and where ever you stay in the centre of town you will find. music in all the bars .
We are glad you enjoyed your stay otherwise..

We hope to see you back to us again at a quieter time as there are plenty of quiet weekends in Kilkee to enjoy.

Thanking you,

Reviewed 20 August 2017

The hotel itself is basic and very dated, but the staff were friendly enough. The breakfast was ok.

The problem with this place is that it's beside a night club and live music venue. The music was playing until 2am and it was so loud that getting any sleep was impossible.

There are plenty of other reviews on here complaining about this and their response is that they don't play the music and it's outside of their control. This is irrevant as €85 to sleep on a room located practically on top of a nightclub is a total rip off.

Even if you were to pay me €85 to stay in that room I'd probably say no. We're exhausted today and will never stay in this place again.

Room Tip: Go to the nightclub where you can party. There's no point going back to the room to sleep before it's over.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi JohnMcAvinue,

We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us due to the noise.

Kilkee is a busy town in August and the centre has music in every venue at weekends , so maybe a guesthouse outside the town would be better, having said that there are plenty of weekends very quiet in the centre of the town which I am sure you would enjoy so we hope you will condsider to come back to Kilkee at some time.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Very friendly lady at reception! I was taken aback with how drab and basic the room was. Very basic, bathroom could have been cleaner. No facilities like a kettle etc. We paid 198 euros for two nights for a twin room and I would have expected a more comfortable room. The whole thing looks tired and just too expensive for what we got. We were told there was internet but we were unsuccessful. Breakfast fine and service pleasant enough.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Hi ronaghbaumann,

We are happy you had a warm reception from staff and enjoyed breakfast.

Myles Creek is a listed building and we are limited what changes we can make, having said that each, year we update rooms and now have tea, coffee faciilities in all roooms also in the guest TV room ,along with updated TVs , So we hope to see you back again soon .

Thanking you,

Reviewed 6 August 2017

I paid more for my room here than many other places on my trip that were far better quality. The room was very Spartan and small for a double, there was soap but that was all, no tea/coffee facilities and the oldest TV I have seen for ages with just 4 channels. There was a room further down the corridor with facilities to make drinks. All the floors are polished floorboards so very creaky, especially in the corridors. Breakfast is served in an elegant dining room, however there was only juice and cereal on the 'buffet' and all the toast was white bread. I ate my evening meal in the pub in a room that lacked atmosphere, but the food was excellent. It is right in the centre of town. The only place I've stayed in where it took ages to connect to the wifi.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Hi lovegog,

We are sorry you did not enjoy your room.

Myles creek is a listed building some rooms are smaller we cant change that , having said that larger rooms are available on request. All our rooms now have tea , coffee making facilities and hairdryers and updated tvs. ,along with a guest tv room.

It would appear from reading your review regarding breakfast this is all we offer, I am sure you availed of our full breakfast menu ranging from full Irish , vegetarian, poached and scrambled egg . we also have brown toast and are well known for our homemade brown bread. Sorry if the brown bread option was not offered to you.

Kilkee has a problem with WIFI in general hope to be rectified soon.

Delighted you found the food excellent the bar is updated also hope you get back to Kilkee and call in to us again soon.

Kind regards,